S
sdegutis
Guest
Oh that part. Yeah, I’m an awful Catholic now. I don’t like Jesus nearly as much as I should.
Ah…I’m…sorry to hear that?Oh that part. Yeah, I’m an awful Catholic now. I don’t like Jesus nearly as much as I should.
If you’re asking me if you’re sorry to hear that, then, um… I guess? You know better than me, you could just tell me instead of asking me.Ah…I’m…sorry to hear that?
I just didn’t know how to respond is all.If you’re asking me if you’re sorry to hear that, then, um… I guess? You know better than me, you could just tell me instead of asking me.
No he didn’t. But I get your point.My (non-Catholic) opinion:
I don’t know if there’s anything inherently wrong with liking a villain or understanding why they do the things that they do. Villains can be well-rounded characters too, and I think many books and films wouldn’t be as interesting if their villains were always like “Muahahahahaha!” and twirling their mustaches (if they have mustaches). In real life, monsters don’t behave like cartoon villains (even Hitler had kids, owned a dog, and took them on picnics) why should fictional villains not be interesting? As long as you can separate fantasy from reality (and I think the vast majority of people don’t want to imitate fictional villains) you should be fine.
Besides, sometimes even the “good guys” do bad things, just like in real life.
…who is the"he" you are talking about, and what didn’t he do?No he didn’t. But I get your point.
Hitler didn’t have any children. I bolded that part in the Lokabrenna’s post I quoted.…who is the"he" you are talking about, and what didn’t he do?
Short answer: an emphatic NO! The mark of truly great films and literature is the presence of a compelling and dynamic villain. What would Shakespeare be like without Shylock, or Star Wars without Vader, or Batman without the Joker? Come on, dude(ette?), chill out - and enjoy your villains.Another dumb question from me, I expect. Is there anything wrong with enjoying the villains are characters from books and movies and such? a lot of times my favorite characters are the bad guys, the antoagonists, especially if there’s a lot of fun psychology behind why they are the way they are, or a history of abuse, or something psychological, instead of just “they’re evil”. If they’re really well written, I often feel as sorry for them, and what they’ve gone through, as I do the hero,but is that wrong since they’re not the good guys?.I don’t think they crimes they commit, the theft, murder, etc, are ok, but they’re still the ones I enjoy most to watch, to delve into to theorize about, to write.
Dudette :3 And I’m sorry, I’m just scrupulous. See, I’m a hobby writer myself, and the villains often end up as my pet characters…meaning some of my stories sometimes end up not really that good anymore, because I can’t stand to make my very favorites “tooo” badShort answer: an emphatic NO! The mark of truly great films and literature is the presence of a compelling and dynamic villain. What would Shakespeare be like without Shylock, or Star Wars without Vader, or Batman without the Joker? Come on, dude(ette?), chill out - and enjoy your villains.