D
djbarnas
Guest
Hi CA?
So I am reading an excerpt from Verbum Domini (52) and I came across this:
From Scripture the liturgical actions and signs draw their meaning”. Even more, it must be said that Christ himself “is present in his word, since it is he who speaks when Scripture is read in Church”. Indeed, “the liturgical celebration becomes the continuing, complete and effective presentation of God’s word. The word of God, constantly proclaimed in the liturgy, is always a living and effective word through the power of the Holy Spirit.
So if “two or three” are gathered together for a Bible Study or Liturgy of the Word, etc. Is Jesus “present”? I get that the Holy Spirit is but after reading the above I began to wonder.
Thank you.
Dave
So I am reading an excerpt from Verbum Domini (52) and I came across this:
From Scripture the liturgical actions and signs draw their meaning”. Even more, it must be said that Christ himself “is present in his word, since it is he who speaks when Scripture is read in Church”. Indeed, “the liturgical celebration becomes the continuing, complete and effective presentation of God’s word. The word of God, constantly proclaimed in the liturgy, is always a living and effective word through the power of the Holy Spirit.
So if “two or three” are gathered together for a Bible Study or Liturgy of the Word, etc. Is Jesus “present”? I get that the Holy Spirit is but after reading the above I began to wonder.
Thank you.
Dave