W
water
Guest
I thought somebody could help this person answer his questions. I would like to learn from your answers.
Thanks.
The post was posted on another catholic forum and I thought it would be great if we can get answers here as well.
source:
catholicforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13123
I have been searching for the truth for a long time now. I truly believe in my heart that God is real simply because the big bang theory makes no sense and it seems more realistic that we were all created for a purpose. There’s too much beauty in the world for all of this to happen by accident. Now what I struggle with is finding the right path to God and for almost a year now, I have been trying to find out the truth about Jesus Christ. Was He the Son of God?
The Bible says that The Messiah will:
Also, The Messiah must be descended on his Father’s side from King David (see Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no Father – and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father’s side from King David.
And The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah states that all mitzvot remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deut. 13:1-4)
Throughout the New Testament, Jesus contradicts the Torah and states that its commandments are no longer applicable. (see John 1:45 and 9:16, Acts 3:22 and 7:37)
There are many other good points I could bring up but I’d like to read some responses to what I have already posted first.
God bless.
*
Thank you all!
Thanks.
The post was posted on another catholic forum and I thought it would be great if we can get answers here as well.
source:
catholicforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13123
I have been searching for the truth for a long time now. I truly believe in my heart that God is real simply because the big bang theory makes no sense and it seems more realistic that we were all created for a purpose. There’s too much beauty in the world for all of this to happen by accident. Now what I struggle with is finding the right path to God and for almost a year now, I have been trying to find out the truth about Jesus Christ. Was He the Son of God?
The Bible says that The Messiah will:
- Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
- Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
- Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: “Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore.” (Isaiah 2:4)
- Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: “God will be King over all the world – on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One” (Zechariah 14:9).
Also, The Messiah must be descended on his Father’s side from King David (see Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1). According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no Father – and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father’s side from King David.
And The Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. The Torah states that all mitzvot remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. (Deut. 13:1-4)
Throughout the New Testament, Jesus contradicts the Torah and states that its commandments are no longer applicable. (see John 1:45 and 9:16, Acts 3:22 and 7:37)
There are many other good points I could bring up but I’d like to read some responses to what I have already posted first.
God bless.
*
Thank you all!