Is making out a mortal sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boxedup
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boxedup

Guest
So I’ve heard that “making out” Is a mortal sin, but there are so many definitions of making out.

Let me give you mine and tell me if that’s considered making out and if it’s a mortal sin- holding each other close, not excessive touching, but either hand on the knee, around the waist, or holding their face, even stroking the hair along with soft kisses.

I feel like this is kissing with some passion, but is what I just described actually a sin? It’s not to the point where you would be inappropriately touching the other person or literally on them. I feel like any kiss could give a lustful thought, and when you feel your thoughts going there, then stop or slow down, correct?

While we’re on the topic, would French kissing fall into the mortal sin category?

Thank you for your understanding hearts and willingness to provide me with an answer!
 
Last edited:
No not mortal sin.
Find a good priest and ask him these questions when they bother you.
I do this when I go to confession. The priest not only absolves you but can give you good pastoral guidance as well.
 
Talk to a priest. We cannot make judgements on morality.
 
“How close to the fire can I get without being burned”? Wise activity?

Before you enter a valid marriage, physical intimacy is what you would do on a public street, or in front of your Pastor and your grandparents.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top