L
LotusCarsLtd
Guest
I’m not looking for a huge debate but just simple answers. I’m prompted to ask because of this article and the following excerpt from it:
“We should not be telling one couple you can be married and another couple you can be civil unionized,” Baroni said. “We are better than that. History is watching us now. She is asking us whether we’ll side with equality and right – or for discrimination.”
chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-us-gaymarriage-nj,0,3759800.story
The way I see it is that marriage is not a right and to prevent some from attaining it is not discrimination. To me the use of the term “discrimination” is merely an attempt (maybe or maybe not intentional) to pull on the heartstrings of Americans who are very sensitive to any perceived “discrimination”.
What does the Church think?
“We should not be telling one couple you can be married and another couple you can be civil unionized,” Baroni said. “We are better than that. History is watching us now. She is asking us whether we’ll side with equality and right – or for discrimination.”
chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-us-gaymarriage-nj,0,3759800.story
The way I see it is that marriage is not a right and to prevent some from attaining it is not discrimination. To me the use of the term “discrimination” is merely an attempt (maybe or maybe not intentional) to pull on the heartstrings of Americans who are very sensitive to any perceived “discrimination”.
What does the Church think?