Is Mary a mind reader?

• Thread starter Thread starter asteroid
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Evan:
Mary cannot hear our prayers, aloud or silent, unless it is through the will of God. If it is through His will that Mary and the Saints hear our prayers, it matters not whether they are silent or vocal.
I don’t understand what you mean. Mary has a body with ears so she should be able to hear at least our aloud prayers just as I can hear with my ears what other people say.

40.png
WhatMeWorry:
Another argument I’ve heard from non-Catholics is, how can Mary hear all the prayers being said to her at any given moment? At this very second there must be hundreds of thousands of people praying the Rosary right now–so how could she possibly hear all those requests at the same time? She is not God, so how can she know?
Well being able to hear many things at the same time doesn’t make you God. Some people can listen to more than one conversation at the same time and still catch it all. Let’s take someone who can listen to 3 conversations at the same time. Let’s say Mary can listen to 300,000 conversations at the same time. Well, that would just make Mary 100,000 times smarter. It wouldn’t make her God. God is not 100,000 times smarter than us. God’s intelligence is incommensurate with ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back