T
thenobes
Guest
…if you show me how our works build the Church.
So I am assuming you mean instead: show me where the merit I gained has earned me salvation.
And actually I can’t. Because our works only enable faith to continue to live in us. It does not cause God to give us faith. It helps us to receive and hold onto faith, but to make God give it to us, no.
Whether faith is given to us is totally up to God’s Mercy. But whether we hold and continue to hold onto that Grace of faith depends on our cooperation with the Graces God gives us to to enable us to hold on to it. (And even the cooperation is a gift.)
So our merits are dependent on God’s meriting for us, and the merits are really His (but as His gift to us they become really ours).
If you want to see how works build our souls to hold faith more strongly, any epistle will do. Just read your Bible.
peace
Steve
If you mean, do rewards come with our salvation, the answer is obviously yes.Show me where these rewards are attached to our salvation…
So I am assuming you mean instead: show me where the merit I gained has earned me salvation.
And actually I can’t. Because our works only enable faith to continue to live in us. It does not cause God to give us faith. It helps us to receive and hold onto faith, but to make God give it to us, no.
Whether faith is given to us is totally up to God’s Mercy. But whether we hold and continue to hold onto that Grace of faith depends on our cooperation with the Graces God gives us to to enable us to hold on to it. (And even the cooperation is a gift.)
So our merits are dependent on God’s meriting for us, and the merits are really His (but as His gift to us they become really ours).
If you want to see how works build our souls to hold faith more strongly, any epistle will do. Just read your Bible.
peace
Steve