Is media run by the Goverment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter WilT
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the most part, I think the media is run by Satan! EWTN is a refreshing exception, an oasis in a desert filled with evil. I remember when the History Channel showed a statue of St. Joseph holding the boy Jesus and said it was a statue of Jesus holding the son He had by Mary Magdalene! I no longer watch much TV because I don’t care to be beguiled of my most precious possession, my Catholic faith.
Also, the news media has its priorities all wrong! Pope Francis realized this when he said, “How can it be that it’s not a news item when an elderly homeless person dies of exposure, but it is a news item when the stock market loses two points?”
👍 so true. Tv is crazy with sinfulness and deception. True on what the Holy Father stated as well.:highprayer:
 
I don’t believe to be negative in looking at our world but with all this in equality around us and the news seems to be focused on non important local events. Fireman rescues a cat from tree. Neighbor chases away robber and a child saves enough money to give to charity. Don’t get me wrong, it may seem like nice reads but major issues in our society aren’t being covered well or regularly. I sometimes have to go to major news companies (like BBC) for my national news coverage. Am I the only one I wonder? Any ideas?
Oh Yeah!!! How else can one explain the majority of Catholics voting for an abortion lover like Obama and justifying it by saying “I separate my politics and my religion.” They have bought the lie that the two are not one because the media has told them so. Every chance the media gets they refer to Pro-Life supporters as “anti-abortionists” because the media knows that Pro-Life is a positive way of painting those that believe in the sanctity of the womb and that the term “anti-abortion” paints Pro-Lifers as those who want to take a woman’s rights away. One of the first rules a communism is to frame the argument in a way that attacks the other side.
 
I’m always amazed that many Americans think that the BBC is objective and neutral, and a trustworthy source of news. They follow the same ideological agenda as the above mentioned leftie US news sources. Maybe they seem a bit more sophisticated for some reason, but I definitely don’t consider them superior in any way.
 
Oh Yeah!!! How else can one explain the majority of Catholics voting for an abortion lover like Obama and justifying it by saying “I separate my politics and my religion.” They have bought the lie that the two are not one because the media has told them so. Every chance the media gets they refer to Pro-Life supporters as “anti-abortionists” because the media knows that Pro-Life is a positive way of painting those that believe in the sanctity of the womb and that the term “anti-abortion” paints Pro-Lifers as those who want to take a woman’s rights away. One of the first rules a communism is to frame the argument in a way that attacks the other side.
If by the media you are including a significant part of religious and clergy, also, then you may be correct. I will not blame the media for the significantly nihlist, if not even the equivalent to relevant morality that is found in some religious leadership. The New Age spirituality of today is pervasive and although the media does elevate many of the most erosive cultural elements this is weighted to the commercial aspects of media advertising.

To what can the members of the religious leadership communities confer on poor discernment regarding the duties and nature of whole persons? Perhaps they may only insist by concupiscence and sin do they hold adverse opinions. In stating this I do emphasize the promotion of LCWR positions on obedience. More generally, often well meaning clergy are guilty of misinterpretation of church teachings on our duties as members of nations and political movements.

St. Robert Francis Romulus Bellarmine pray for us who have recourse to you in “A hard battle …” CCC #407
 
I say no. Like everyone else, the technical definition of government controlled media doesn’t fit networks that inherently lean towards a particular ideal/party.

In addition though, I would also say that news networks aren’t representative of all media. Nothing is representative of the whole industry, not Hollywood, not the cable providers, not the studios, not Oprah, not MTV, not EWTN, not the sponsors nor the advertisers. I repeat: nobody.

Honestly, it’s generalizations like this that actually gives me more faith issues compared to anything dogmatic.
Huh?

Now for the OP. Does the gov’t control the media? I would say to a certain extent it does, but for the most no. The thing is, news has become part of the entertainment industry. The entertainment industry is 99.9% left. Anyone who disagrees with that is flat out proving their ignorance.

I do think most of the networks are tremendously soft on Obama, and portray their kind (the left/liberal/non-conservative) in a more positive light. I do think there is bias. Though Fox News is more right leaning than center, they often don’t hide that fact. They’re only loathed because they’re portrayed by other networks as a tabloid network and it gives them fodder to portray the right as uneducated simpletons. What better way than to constantly mock the one single network that does not follow the same narrative as CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC etc.? It’s just one network, yet they treat it like it’s a major threat.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top