Is missing Mass a sin if there is a blizzard?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mkipp
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I try and go on Saturdays together as a family with out 5 month old daughter. I would have gone yesterday but taking my daughter by myself is an impossible task as she is likley to need to be walked around during the Mass. My wife was at work yesterday. I thought that we could make it today, but we live on a hill and definately not safe to drive this morning. I feel bad about missing Mass, but some of these posts make me feel worse.
 
In my situation, the snow started falling at 4AM on Saturday which made it impossible for me to make the vigil Masses yesterday (we had about 18 inches of snow by 3PM). My street is still not plowed, and judging by the fact that the township already cancelled school for tomorrow, I’m guessing that I’ll be trapped in my house until sometime tomorrow. Our driveway and sidewalks are cleared, but the streets in my development are covered in two feet of snow. I’m very annoyed that I’m trapped in my house. I’m going stir crazy here.
 
My wife and I try and go on Saturdays together as a family with out 5 month old daughter. I would have gone yesterday but taking my daughter by myself is an impossible task as she is likley to need to be walked around during the Mass. My wife was at work yesterday. I thought that we could make it today, but we live on a hill and definately not safe to drive this morning. I feel bad about missing Mass, but some of these posts make me feel worse.
Look, I always stipulated that unless you had a good reason not to go on Saturday. Having an infant is a good reason. In fact, a single caregiver (which you were last night) is not required to attend Mass at all.

By withholding this information you just make us all look like bad guys.
 
****** By withholding this information you just make us all look like bad guys. *******
You kind of did that on your own.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top