Is my anger righteous?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mr.p
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mr.p

Guest
My welding teacher finally got metal that we can use to practice every weld, as compared to only one of five. She is still only going to let us off the hook for one weld. We have fifteen and that one is only because we missed a week from our twelve week class. Now I have up to four days to learn how to arc weld or I’ll fail the class, we already have ran out of metal within fifteen minutes of class starting.
 
This exercise will help prepare you for the real world, where supplies and time lines change. Your future boss will be happy to have an employee who is not angry when there are bumps in the road.

Offer up your frustration and dig in to get-er-done.
 
To answer the question you may ask “is my anger righteous?” It’s all in the delivery and intent…
 
If your teacher expects you to learn how to arc weld without providing you adequate practice materials then I would say you are justified in being angry with them.
 
I’m reading the book Unoffendable in my small group. Highly recommend the book.
 
Last edited:
Hi Mr. P,

I need to ask : are you in college? I feel like your anger is okay, and “normal”. I mean, I think I would feel the same way. I am in graduate school and I would be upset if I didn’t have something I needed for my class, and be at a risk of failing it because of not having what I needed. Have you approached your instructor? Have you spoken to others in your class?
 
stay cool. stay calm. No, I’m not going to push the button for you to do something rash. You do have to speak with the instructor. If that doesn’t accomplish anything, you have to go above her head, to the next level – calmly.

This is important for your career. Just present it that way and see what can be done.
 
Last edited:
Otrrl, I agree. Staying cool and calm is important. Good advice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top