M
MarkParker87
Guest
My wife and I got married in September 23, 2006 when we were 19 years old. At the time I was a protestant who had never had any experience at all with the Catholic Church, but she was a Catholic batptized at birth. We ended up getting married in a Protestant church with very little counseling or training before hand. We did not get any permission or anything from her Priest or Bishop to get married in a Protestant Church. A couple years after marriage I become a confirmed Catholic but we have not recieved any type of blessing on our marriage or did anything to properly be accepted as a sacramental marriage in the eyes of the Church. I think I should also mention that we have 1 boy who is almost 3 years old now. My question is:
In the eyes of the Church, is our marriage valid? Or is it considered that we were never actually married?
In the eyes of the Church, is our marriage valid? Or is it considered that we were never actually married?