Is Round Table masonic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MurphyIT
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MurphyIT

Guest
Yesterday I discovered the existence of an organization called Round Table, which would seem similar to the Rotary and Lions Clubs, but restricted to under 40. A close friend of mine was invited to attend preliminary meetings in view of joining. He suspects Round Table to be linked with Freemasonry and he asked my opinion. While interested, he’s a very commited catholic (he was my godfather, indees) and would not join if the suspect would become substantiated.
Joining is by invitation only, members vote on letting candidates in, women are not allowed.
Clubs are called tables and are numbered just like lodges are. Website of masonic lodges report on some Round Table events and, in one of these a top echelon of Italian freemasonry was to attend.
These are just hints, not proofs but I feel quite uneasy about that. I’ve surfed the internet, but I got lost on the zillion of outlandish plot theory website. Anyone have some info? Has the magisterium spoken on the subject of Round table?
 
Yesterday I discovered the existence of an organization called Round Table, which would seem similar to the Rotary and Lions Clubs, but restricted to under 40. A close friend of mine was invited to attend preliminary meetings in view of joining. He suspects Round Table to be linked with Freemasonry and he asked my opinion. While interested, he’s a very commited catholic (he was my godfather, indees) and would not join if the suspect would become substantiated.
Joining is by invitation only, members vote on letting candidates in, women are not allowed.
Clubs are called tables and are numbered just like lodges are. Website of masonic lodges report on some Round Table events and, in one of these a top echelon of Italian freemasonry was to attend.
These are just hints, not proofs but I feel quite uneasy about that. I’ve surfed the internet, but I got lost on the zillion of outlandish plot theory website. Anyone have some info? Has the magisterium spoken on the subject of Round table?
Why not join a Catholic Fraternity? There are many throughout the world. Check here for some opportunities that he may be interested in:

iack.org/
 
From what I can tell from the little bit of reading I’ve done on it, it’s not Masonic. And organizations which vote in non-members and have numbered lodges are not necessarily Masonic either–the Order of the Arrow in the Boy Scouts of America has lodges, votes in non-members, and all its ceremonials are closed to non-members, unless it is a clergyman or parent who wishes to observe the ceremonies or read the texts.

-ACEGC
 
Saint Francis referred to his brothers as members of the round table also.

Peace and all good!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top