Is Screamo music Satanic?

• Thread starter Thread starter gorillaking37
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gorillaking37

Hi. I was wondering if Screamo music was Satanic. Some people say it is, but there are actually multiple bands in the genre that are Christian bands and write songs with Christian lyrics, such as The Devil Wears Prada, Abandon All Ships, Underoath, For Todayetc. While there are certainly some bands in the genre with anti-religious lyrics in their discographies, the majority are really just love songs.

One of the main reasons I’m asking is because the sounds that the vocalists make have been likened by some to sounding like demonic spirits. There is a special technique that the vocalists use to make these “screaming” sounds, it has nothing to do with demonic possession, but a lot of people still consider it to be satanic anyways.

Here’s an example of a Screamo song with Christiany-related lyrics in it: youtube.com/watch?v=T9Bs50mBjVg

No, it’s not Satanic. We hired my DDs boyfriend’s band for her 17th bday party. The boy is a good kid, the drummer is a very devout Christian. Not sure about the other 2 kids. But, they are all straight laced, normal kids. Better than most the kids around here. They are in a band that plays “music”, if you want to call it that. Lol But, the kids loved it, the party heavily chaperoned. There was order, and musical chaos, but respected our " no moshing" rule. Lol
I
If it has Christian lyrics, I don’t see the problem.

If it can’t be described as Satanic it should at least be described as awful. From two seconds of listening my headache is even worse than it was. What ever happened to pleasant music?

If it can’t be described as Satanic it should at least be described as awful. From two seconds of listening my headache is even worse than it was. What ever happened to pleasant music?
Music taste is subjective. I literally enjoy pretty much all kinds of music except for country.

Think about it like humor; one person might like a joke, while another person might take offense to it, and vice versa.

Music taste is subjective. I literally enjoy pretty much all kinds of music except for country.

Think about it like humor; one person might like a joke, while another person might take offense to it, and vice versa.
Nobody could possibly call that pleasant. Those who do need help.

Certain sounds just evoke certain feelings. So, while screamo (or djent as my brother calls it) isn’t necessarily satanic, I think it lends itself well to demonic imagery. Most of the bands I know in that area (and the people who love it) tend to be anything but angelic.

(It’s hardly the only awful music out there; the local christian station is pretty terrible too…)

If Satan is as whiny, insecure, and weak as people involved in Screamo we have nothing to fear from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back