Z
ZelkonRodz
Guest
Hi all, this is my first time posting on the forum (hopefully I’m doing this right), so here goes:
I’ve always wondered what the Church currently teaches regarding self-flagellation. Is this practise still on going, and would a lay person be permitted to ‘self-flagellate’? I’m just curious as I intend on fasting and offering sacrifices, so flagellation just so happened to come up in my head. I don’t intend on flagellating myself, I’m just curious of the current stance on the matter.
Thanks!!
I’ve always wondered what the Church currently teaches regarding self-flagellation. Is this practise still on going, and would a lay person be permitted to ‘self-flagellate’? I’m just curious as I intend on fasting and offering sacrifices, so flagellation just so happened to come up in my head. I don’t intend on flagellating myself, I’m just curious of the current stance on the matter.
Thanks!!
Last edited: