Is sincerity foolisnhess ? (Personality vs Morality)

  • Thread starter Thread starter adgloriam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t lnow if this is precisely “insincere”, but in the US we have some serious social issues that we CAN’T discuss honestly and openly because folks will start with the labels and name calling.
This is a really good remark @0Scarlett_nidiyilii . It can be noted through personality psychology certain types tend to see and think in a strict mindset of “social norms” and “tradition”. Anything outside that prompts their condemning - we should be bearing and understanding of such persons, having the wisdom of recognizing them as so. It’s also said:“a gentleman should be broadminded.”

The vices of rash judgement and judgmentally condemning. Name calling and labeling are offenses to integrity and reputation hence forms of detraction and injustice.

In the English language the abundance of labels(and neologisms) brings the practical advantage of describing in a single word what otherwise would require lengthy prose. And such inherent descriptive power, by itself, incites its use.
 
I don’t lnow if this is precisely “insincere”, but in the US we have some serious social issues that we CAN’T discuss honestly and openly because folks will start with the labels and name calling.
I agree. This is very true. You really crave an honest conversation in the US where you can flat out “respectfully” disagree with others. This doesn’t happen though. Instead, as Bear said, we get…
World War III
So instead you hold back in real life (and post things here 😉). I don’t know why this is the case in our society.
 
I love you @Tis_Bearself. You’ve been a good patient friend to me. I’m still maturing my answer, but it has been extremely pedagogical -and sometimes of justice- when you take a bash at me. Know that I don’t resent it, and I am grateful for your time, fond attention, and especially your prayers.

God bless,
adgloriam
 
Last edited:
The great soprano of yesteryear, Amelita Galli-Curci, who equated the pursuit of beauty with that of truth, adopted as her motto for good living: “Simplicity, sincerity, serenity.” I think it is a way of life worthy for us humans to aspire to.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top