Is Telemundo really that bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maxirad
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe if you gave us some context, we’d be better able to answer your question!
 
maybe if you gave us some context, we’d be better able to answer your question!
Context is good!
I think I have seen some of these channels on t.v… They play all sorts of child like program for adults in espanol. They use child age humor, display highly sexual content, and dance around and sing all show long. It’s like watching the ancient city Corinth of the Scriptures on t.v. Sad, sad, sad. Then these horrible novelas or soaps. :rolleyes: It’s almost like watching the Japanese channels in as far as the humor.
 
I speak almost no Spanish, so I don’t know. But the way women dress in the telenovelas soap operas is far from modest.

I used to watch a show once in a while called Sabadogigante. And it was very sad, people getting excited at winning a toaster or clock radio. Are Latinos really that poor?
 
I hope I spelled things correctly. My spell check is useless it is in English.
 
Jesse Romero has basically accused Spanish-language TV networks in the U.S. of being against the Catholic Church.
Some times I wonder. The Mexican people are Catholic for the most part, but the government has been very Anti-Catholic and even persecuted Catholics in the past. To the point of killing priests and closing churches and even making Mass illegal.

For a good example of this, watch the movie FOR THE GREATER GLORY.
 
I speak almost no Spanish, so I don’t know. But the way women dress in the telenovelas soap operas is far from modest.

I used to watch a show once in a while called Sabadogigante. And it was very sad, people getting excited at winning a toaster or clock radio. Are Latinos really that poor?
In Old Mejico nothing is for free so when there are opportunities to get things for free they will take it and be happy about it. One of the newest Billionaire I hear runs these tv stations. And that is what he gives them. He can’t give them hope or any morality but only a toaster and clock radio. In Mexico, greed runs rampant and little care given to it’s people.
 
Jesse Romero has basically accused Spanish-language TV networks in the U.S. of being against the Catholic Church.
So your first post could have been something like this:

I just saw a video by Jesse Romero pointing out that the Spanish TV stations in the US (Telemundo and Univision) are anti-Catholic! He gave solid evidence for this opinion… **or **he did not give any evidence for this opinion… and I wondered if anyone on here knows anything about this because (reason, for example, I am studying Spanish and was thinking of watching these stations to help my studies).

Mant years ago at work, I heard thar Univision’s owner was politically powerful because he “could deliver the Hispanic vote” for Democrats because he owned all the Spanish media in the area. So it does not surprise me that the station would be anti-Catholic.
 
In Old Mejico nothing is for free so when there are opportunities to get things for free they will take it and be happy about it. One of the newest Billionaire I hear runs these tv stations. And that is what he gives them. He can’t give them hope or any morality but only a toaster and clock radio. In Mexico, greed runs rampant and little care given to it’s people.
Sounds a lot like Norte America. But remember even American poor are so much better off than the poor of the rest of the world.
 
So your first post could have been something like this:

I just saw a video by Jesse Romero pointing out that the Spanish TV stations in the US (Telemundo and Univision) are anti-Catholic! He gave solid evidence for this opinion… **or **he did not give any evidence for this opinion… and I wondered if anyone on here knows anything about this because (reason, for example, I am studying Spanish and was thinking of watching these stations to help my studies).

Mant years ago at work, I heard thar Univision’s owner was politically powerful because he “could deliver the Hispanic vote” for Democrats because he owned all the Spanish media in the area. So it does not surprise me that the station would be anti-Catholic.
Really? Not all Catholics are tea party Republicans. I am a moderate Republican myself. But sometimes on issues other than abortion I sometimes agree more with the Democratic party more than the far-right Republicans in office now.
 
Really? Not all Catholics are tea party Republicans. I am a moderate Republican myself. But sometimes on issues other than abortion I sometimes agree more with the Democratic party more than the far-right Republicans in office now.
The implication was that he controlled the information the Spanish-speaking people of the area got, and he made sure that they only got part of the information.

It’s not that I have a problem with people voting in any particular way, it’s when they vote that way because others have withheld a good part if the story.
 
My wife and I watch Telemundo everyday (my wife speaks spanish, its here 1st language; I’m not as fluent in spanish but can make due in speaking it and listening to it). The news, from area of Florida we live, is very good on Telemundo. We also watch Al Rojo Vivo (ARV) which alot of times has stories about the Pope, miracles, and other Catholic oriented stories. But ARV also has some risque stories too (and the funny thing of it is is ARV will run a religious story first then run a risque story right after it alot of times). Then we watch Caso Cerrado which is very questionable. I have seen some good shows where the judge deals with decent cases but then there are some cases that go directly against the Church teachings. And then there are some shows of Caso Cerrado that are down right disgusting. Some of the novelas are interesting but are always full of scantly clad women (and men sometimes). Like alot of people in the United States, the pop Latino culture has the same mentality - “who are you to judge the way I act, look or dress”. This is the world we live in now.
 
I can’t say I totally agree with you AGK. The morning shows are horribly materialistic and risqué. Model type women gyrating and wearing skimpy outfits to the music nonstop. Novelas/Soaps all about men and women battling it out in relationships and tragedies. I don’t remember off hand any English shows that pagan.😉
 
I don’t watch Telemundo, but the OP also asked about Univision. Their lead anchor, Jorge Ramos, has said some very questionable things. He has said it’s inappropriate for Christian tv personalities to talk about their faith at all, at least while in front of the camera. 🤷 And he cited “separation of Church and state” as his reason, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, since most media isn’t government run anyway.
 
👍
I don’t watch Telemundo, but the OP also asked about Univision. Their lead anchor, Jorge Ramos, has said some very questionable things. He has said it’s inappropriate for Christian tv personalities to talk about their faith at all, at least while in front of the camera. 🤷 And he cited “separation of Church and state” as his reason, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, since most media isn’t government run anyway.
 
Some of the telenovelas are good. Several years ago they had a really good one called Maria Isabel. I don’t watch very much Spanish tv anymore.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top