M
Maxirad
Guest
How about Univision?
Context is good!maybe if you gave us some context, we’d be better able to answer your question!
Some times I wonder. The Mexican people are Catholic for the most part, but the government has been very Anti-Catholic and even persecuted Catholics in the past. To the point of killing priests and closing churches and even making Mass illegal.Jesse Romero has basically accused Spanish-language TV networks in the U.S. of being against the Catholic Church.
In Old Mejico nothing is for free so when there are opportunities to get things for free they will take it and be happy about it. One of the newest Billionaire I hear runs these tv stations. And that is what he gives them. He can’t give them hope or any morality but only a toaster and clock radio. In Mexico, greed runs rampant and little care given to it’s people.I speak almost no Spanish, so I don’t know. But the way women dress in the telenovelas soap operas is far from modest.
I used to watch a show once in a while called Sabadogigante. And it was very sad, people getting excited at winning a toaster or clock radio. Are Latinos really that poor?
So your first post could have been something like this:Jesse Romero has basically accused Spanish-language TV networks in the U.S. of being against the Catholic Church.
Sounds a lot like Norte America. But remember even American poor are so much better off than the poor of the rest of the world.In Old Mejico nothing is for free so when there are opportunities to get things for free they will take it and be happy about it. One of the newest Billionaire I hear runs these tv stations. And that is what he gives them. He can’t give them hope or any morality but only a toaster and clock radio. In Mexico, greed runs rampant and little care given to it’s people.
Really? Not all Catholics are tea party Republicans. I am a moderate Republican myself. But sometimes on issues other than abortion I sometimes agree more with the Democratic party more than the far-right Republicans in office now.So your first post could have been something like this:
I just saw a video by Jesse Romero pointing out that the Spanish TV stations in the US (Telemundo and Univision) are anti-Catholic! He gave solid evidence for this opinion… **or **he did not give any evidence for this opinion… and I wondered if anyone on here knows anything about this because (reason, for example, I am studying Spanish and was thinking of watching these stations to help my studies).
Mant years ago at work, I heard thar Univision’s owner was politically powerful because he “could deliver the Hispanic vote” for Democrats because he owned all the Spanish media in the area. So it does not surprise me that the station would be anti-Catholic.
The implication was that he controlled the information the Spanish-speaking people of the area got, and he made sure that they only got part of the information.Really? Not all Catholics are tea party Republicans. I am a moderate Republican myself. But sometimes on issues other than abortion I sometimes agree more with the Democratic party more than the far-right Republicans in office now.
good point.Sounds a lot like Norte America. But remember even American poor are so much better off than the poor of the rest of the world.
I don’t watch Telemundo, but the OP also asked about Univision. Their lead anchor, Jorge Ramos, has said some very questionable things. He has said it’s inappropriate for Christian tv personalities to talk about their faith at all, at least while in front of the camera.And he cited “separation of Church and state” as his reason, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, since most media isn’t government run anyway.