Is the bible code true?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AmandaB
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AmandaB

Guest
It has some very interesting points…what do you think? Thanks:)
 
It has some very interesting points…what do you think? Thanks:)
No offense, Amanda, but if this is the same Bible Code I’m thinking of, it’s right up there with those people who are always looking for prophesy in Nostradamus’ Centuries, or worse, trying to turn them into tortured anagrams…🤷
 
It has some very interesting points…what do you think? Thanks:)
I don’t know what specifically you are talking about, but in general, no - the Bible is a set of 73 books, each written in different styles, that tell us about the human experience of God from the time of creation until now. They were written by various different men at various different times, over a period of thousands of years.

There is no “code” in the Bible. It will not tell you specifically when the world will end, or anything like that. What you will find in the Bible is the story of how human beings came to know God. By reading the Bible and taking its teachings to heart, you, too, can come to know God. 🙂
 
Amanda, did you mean to include a link?
What is “the bible code”? Are you referring to The Da Vinci Code or something?
:confused::confused:
I really think she may be talking about the book The Bible Code. There is also The Bible Code II (both written by Michael Drosnin). Hopefully, she will return and maybe have a link for us. 🙂
 
I think like most “secret codes” etc. it’s wonderful for predicting events that have already occurred. :o
 
maybe she’s talking about ELS (Equidistant letter spacing) codes in the Hebrew OT. Can buy bible code software and find supposedly ‘Hitler’ "JFK’ written in Hebrew if you space the lettering a certain way and then read eg the diagonal letters in the matrix and maybe predict the future or read history in the matrix result…personally I think its a waste of time.
 
A rabbi a while back found the word ‘Torah’ in the first passage of every book of the Pentatauch (sp) with letters chosen at a certain spacing. That may not be a precise description but it’s close. At one point an assasination was found at a certain spacing before it happened. They warned the politician but it still happened. I seems too uncharacteristic of God to me. I think a code could be gleaned from any large body of literature. 🤷
 
it has been shown that you can go bible code on virtually any text…
 
maybe she’s talking about ELS (Equidistant letter spacing) codes in the Hebrew OT. Can buy bible code software and find supposedly ‘Hitler’ "JFK’ written in Hebrew if you space the lettering a certain way and then read eg the diagonal letters in the matrix and maybe predict the future or read history in the matrix result…personally I think its a waste of time.
I think so as well. I’m pretty sure it was (at least some form of) “ELS” used in the book “The Bible Code” which supposedly found all kinds of predictions or prophecies.

I recall a TV show, or maybe reading something, where this same “method” was applied to another book (I think “Moby Dick”) and similar “predictions and prophecies” were found.

I would wager that if one were to generate several hundred pages of random letters and applied the same method you would also find similar “predictions and prophecies”. 🤷

IMHO, the Bible Code is bogus.
 
No offense, Amanda, but if this is the same Bible Code I’m thinking of, it’s right up there with those people who are always looking for prophesy in Nostradamus’ Centuries, or worse, trying to turn them into tortured anagrams…🤷
Oh man… I used to follow the alt.prophecies.nostradamus newsgroup in my high school years. I remember a Claude Latroumille (sp?) who interpreted every quatrain of Nostradamus as a rough (not always exact!) anagram pointing to a prophecy of the accidental nuclear destruction of Paris sometime between 2010 and 2020. A bit of a stretch, if you ask me.

Amanda, you ask if “the bible code” is true. To that I’d have to ask, which Bible code?! Hundreds of people have produced their own version of a “bible code”, some of which contradict the others. Who’s right?!
 
=AmandaB;6693519]It has some very interesting points…what do you think? Thanks:)
It means that the more one knows, the more strict will be God’s judgement.

What is really scarry is that God WILL JUDGE US on what He has permitted us to know [what He has exposed us too] not simply what we chose to accept, or agree with.:rolleyes:

Love and prayers.

And YES the CODE is true: 2 Tim.3:16-17; John 14:16-17; John 17:14-19; Matt. 16:19; and Matt. 18: 18. God say’s so and that’s good enough for me.
 
Thanks guys! Sorry I took so long to respond! I should have made it more clear- I indeed was referring to ELS. I’m not saying I believe it obviously, I just like to gather as much information about interesting things as possible. lol and I do NOT follow Nostradamus! He is way to vague and so many of his “predictions” can be twisted. ELS “seems” plausible, because it is very mathematical and such. Anyhoo, who knows? 😉 I like to THINK about these things and take them with a grain of salt. I will always be Catholic and follow the advice of the Church, no matter what I read or “think” about 😉 Thanks:)
 
It means that the more one knows, the more strict will be God’s judgement.

What is really scarry is that God WILL JUDGE US on what He has permitted us to know [what He has exposed us too] not simply what we chose to accept, or agree with.:rolleyes:

Love and prayers.

And YES the CODE is true: 2 Tim.3:16-17; John 14:16-17; John 17:14-19; Matt. 16:19; and Matt. 18: 18. God say’s so and that’s good enough for me.
I couldn’t agree more!!! When my Mother was a young girl, a dear priest told her this exact same thing when she was asking him about exorcisms and if they are real and wanting to learn more about these things. He told her that while it is always a good thing to want to learn, it also carries with it a huge responsibility-the more you know, the less excuses you have to do wrong! 😉
 
He told her that while it is always a good thing to want to learn, it also carries with it a huge responsibility-the more you know, the less excuses you have to do wrong! 😉
I love that! A bit unnerving, as well. :eek: On the other hand, there’s always confession! But, still… I need to get to the other side of the Tiber soon!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top