A
atassina
Guest
It is my unscholarly understanding that the French translation of The Jerusalem Bible is the best modern translation. Is the correct?
It is not a more literal translation…so I would not say such…It is my unscholarly understanding that the French translation of The Jerusalem Bible is the best modern translation. Is the correct?
Yes, I love the RSV CE. It’s a good middle ground between dynamic and formal, leaning a little toward formal.It is good to use several…including the JB…
–
And while I make use too of the ESV New Testament (though it has some unhappy translations at points) my favorite is the RSV
The RSV CE (RSV) is a wonderful and beautiful translation. The one used in most Eng.documents from the Pope etc…and for good reason!![]()
more than a lean…would be a “more literal translation” but with great usage of “English” Beauty (literary as they say…)Yes, I love the RSV CE. It’s a good middle ground between dynamic and formal, leaning a little toward formal.
Well, I guess what I mean is that RSV is more literal than dynamic but it’s not clumsy like a lot of the more literal bibles. For instance, I think NAB is fairly literal but clumsy to read.more than a lean…would be a “more literal translation” but with great usage of “English” Beauty (literary as they say…)
Never too late for that lineIs it too late to interject “the best translation is the one you read”?