Is there a God?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hlmem
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. But there is also the incorporal God. Christians do not limit God to a perfected human form. I’m actually fond of Descartes reasoning and have heard it used by A.J. Heschel on occassion. I’m just not sure I can agree with the proposition that if something can be conceptualized by us, than it must exist in reality.
I like the approach too, but I have my doubts about its value in a debate with an atheist. But, if you think about it, God did place a desire for perfection in us, so it is true. The problem comes in using that as a proof of God’s existence to someone who premise is that He doesn’t exist, if that makes any sense.
 
That shows a remarkable ignorance of what Judaism is.
Is the law of Moses all that Judaism is? I was speaking of the Law, not of Judaism. I said that Jews failed to keep the law, doesn’t this repeatedly happen in scripture? Are you saying that Paul, who was a pharisee was ignorant of what Judaism is? The Law does not save people is what Paul taught. I will admit that I am ignorant of what Judaism is or what it teaches today as I only have a Catholic perspective of it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top