Is there anything wrong with an adult having imaginary friends?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeraMitchel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s not the same thing. And why did you have to put an angry face on your post? What did I do to upset you?
I’m very sorry, I previewed my post, but somehow I missed that. I really have no idea how that got there. I didn’t intend to put any face. Sorry again.
 
In addition, though…I did that too. And it use to incite such jealousy in me. I figured it was better to just…make my own, than seethe green.
I don’t have a problem with self-parenting, but IMO you to do this in conjunction with a therapist. This is fairly edgy and can easily lead to self-isolation. It’s up to you, of course, but as I said, you came here for a reason, seems to me some part of you is not getting heard. You know, the problem with lousy or absentee parenting is: we don’t know how to do it right.

Anyway, that’s all my .02.
 
I did try therapy. 3 times. The first time, she moved away, the second one, she prattled about sunshine and raimbows. The third told me to ignore it and move on.
 
As long as you aren’t taking it too far - like telling Boots to catch the star near the elevator. Sometimes the use of an imaginary or hypothetical person (who or whatever that might be) can be beneficial. I can see how it would help one to look at one’s self and other things from a different, perspective (and perhaps with better insight). Even with that aside, as long as it doesn’t negatively affect your intelligence or other essential things, its not really “bad”.
 
What about imaginary enemies? In high school I had an imaginary nemesis named Vladimir Isakov, but I defeated him. Now I have a new imaginary enemy is named Martin Vonn Heidelberg, he is a trickier foe to deal with.
 
This is just another typical post by some atheist looking to jank our chains with some non-sensical scenario. OP is trying to get a laugh out of this at our expense
 
This is just another typical post by some atheist looking to jank our chains with some non-sensical scenario. OP is trying to get a laugh out of this at our expense
I’m not an atheist. I’m Catholic. And I’m glad to see that you find me so laughable an ridiculous -_-
 
There have been occasional post by atheists in which the tone is to ridicule the catholic faith. Such posts can be easy to spot… Anyway I apologize if I offended u. If indeed a legitimate concern, I suggest u get on medication. There’s no stigma in taking meds- it’ll help u
 
I would be concerned if you were choosing your imaginary friends over your real friends, or neglecting the duties of your regular life. The vast majority of us watch tv, movies, play video games, read novels to relax and unwind. I don’t see how what you do is in much different. I don’t see anything immoral about what you have described.
 
There have been occasional post by atheists in which the tone is to ridicule the catholic faith. Such posts can be easy to spot… Anyway I apologize if I offended u. If indeed a legitimate concern, I suggest u get on medication. There’s no stigma in taking meds- it’ll help u
Of course, the “Almighty antidote.” :rolleyes: Any post here that is meant to ridicule Catholics is quite relevant if Catholics actually do fall into such traps. Luckily, most of us know how to handle such things appropriately without insulting the OP or making fools of ourselves. :cool:
 
It’s ok to talk to yourself, as-long as you don’t answer back :ehh:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top