I actually like this. Not so much because it is necessary to be so thorough for interim confessions, but because:
(1) The OP said she was looking for a guide for a general (comprehensive) confession
and
(2) A surprising number of Catholics do not know what comprises sins against the various Commandments, other than what is ‘strictly’ listed as the “command.” In particular, they also seem unaware of what constitutes serious sin.
and
(3) It’s thorough on the venial sins
and
(4) It’s thorough on sins of omission, as well as neglect of virtues. I think it was Fr. Larry Richards, recently, or someone else on EWTN, who said that his retort to those who claim “they don’t have any serious sins to confess”: What virtue have you practiced recently?
(5) I think this is also helpful for interim confessions, in that it helps one take inventory. No, I wouldn’t bring a long list into the confessional, but what I would do is to examine ways I’ve neglected or offended, and then name those succinctly as offenses against the ____(numbered) commandment: ‘I’ve sinned against the First Commandment by ____/ or by not _______.’
For interim confessions it is of course not necessary to be exhaustive, but I think this examen helps to look at ways we might be habitually doing/not doing things that limit us in our spiritual journeys. So I would use it later as well to examine very habitual behavior that might be so habitual I no longer ‘recognize’ it as sin, or as oppositional to a virtue. And bring the most egregious or frequent of those to confession.
Thanks for posting this.