T
TheOne33
Guest
I’ve been wondering about this for a while now. If one were to look inappropriately at one’s parents or siblings, would the gravity of the sin be increased to make it grave matter, or, would it remain venial?
I think I would agree with that. Although I wonder if it would be worse to lust for someone’s spouse. Maybe I’m wrong, but isn’t that like coveting your neighbor? I don’t know.Odd, but I think lust is lust as far as degree of sin goes.
It’s probably better and worse…I think I would agree with that. Although I wonder if it would be worse to lust for someone’s spouse. Maybe I’m wrong, but isn’t that like coveting your neighbor? I don’t know.
Can you explain what you mean?I’ve been wondering about this for a while now. If one were to look inappropriately at one’s parents or siblings, would the gravity of the sin be increased to make it grave matter, or, would it remain venial?
I’ve never heard someone say it is grave merely to think unclean thoughts so long as you supress them before they lead to action in the form of masturbation or fornication. As long as you think the thoughts and are saying, “No, I shouldn’t think this,” it isn’t even sinful.Can you explain what you mean?
Are you asking about looking at parents or siblings in lustful way to get sexual pleasure from it? If so, that is lust and is a sin of grave matter and it doesn’t make any difference who is involved in the fantasy.
You are missing the point. Impure thoughts popping into your head is not a conscious act and if you dismiss them quickly it is not a sin.I’ve never heard someone say it is grave merely to think unclean thoughts so long as you supress them before they lead to action in the form of masturbation or fornication. As long as you think the thoughts and are saying, “No, I shouldn’t think this,” it isn’t even sinful.