K
Kima
Guest
Good evening and God bless!
I´ve decided to go to Confession tomorrow as I´ll visit another parish in my diocese. However, I´ve been struggling for months to discern whether this thing I struggle to stop doing is a sin or not. I know that I can simply just ask Father in Confession, but as I feel uncomfortable with doing so, I´d rather ask here.
The thing I do is that I often spend time making wounds on my fingers. It might seem off, but I do it whenever I´m bored, at school, on the bus, etc. Most times, I won´t stop until I bleed, which is harmful and can cause infections. Also, it makes my fingers and hands look ugly. It strange, but it´s sort of addictive, cause whenever I´m bored I start doing it.
You might ask if this is a symptom of stress, but I don´t think so. I´m a person with a lot of inner peace and I´m very little in distress. I also keep up doing such things even at retreats or when I´ve got plenty of weeks off of school.
So, I suppose my question here is whether this is simply just a bad habit or if it´s sinful. I´ve confessed it a few times, but doubted it several times.
However, I used to be scrupulous, but I´m not anymore (praise God!) - so that´s not why I ask this.
Thanks in advance!
I´ve decided to go to Confession tomorrow as I´ll visit another parish in my diocese. However, I´ve been struggling for months to discern whether this thing I struggle to stop doing is a sin or not. I know that I can simply just ask Father in Confession, but as I feel uncomfortable with doing so, I´d rather ask here.
The thing I do is that I often spend time making wounds on my fingers. It might seem off, but I do it whenever I´m bored, at school, on the bus, etc. Most times, I won´t stop until I bleed, which is harmful and can cause infections. Also, it makes my fingers and hands look ugly. It strange, but it´s sort of addictive, cause whenever I´m bored I start doing it.
You might ask if this is a symptom of stress, but I don´t think so. I´m a person with a lot of inner peace and I´m very little in distress. I also keep up doing such things even at retreats or when I´ve got plenty of weeks off of school.
So, I suppose my question here is whether this is simply just a bad habit or if it´s sinful. I´ve confessed it a few times, but doubted it several times.
However, I used to be scrupulous, but I´m not anymore (praise God!) - so that´s not why I ask this.
Thanks in advance!
Last edited: