C
clouded_coffee
Guest
Hey guys.
I am confused about whether this qualifies as a sin or not. So, I have had a problem with masturbation for years. I have gone to Confession twice, planning on confessing the sin, but then chickening out and withholding the information, which means that the whole thing doesn’t count. After both of those times I have gone to church and received communion, which I also know is a sin when you haven’t confessed a mortal sin. Knowing that I have those sins and still too nervous to confess my act of masturbating to a priest, I have skipped church on Sundays so I wouldn’t commit any more sin. But my question is, does knowingly skipping church on Sundays because you haven’t confessed qualify as a sin? Since I learned as Catholics you are suppose to go to church on Sundays unless you absolutely can’t make it (like, you’re sick or something).
I know this question may seem kind of weird, and I may be over thinking this, but its just been kind of pulling at me for a while. I hope I explained everything clearly
I am confused about whether this qualifies as a sin or not. So, I have had a problem with masturbation for years. I have gone to Confession twice, planning on confessing the sin, but then chickening out and withholding the information, which means that the whole thing doesn’t count. After both of those times I have gone to church and received communion, which I also know is a sin when you haven’t confessed a mortal sin. Knowing that I have those sins and still too nervous to confess my act of masturbating to a priest, I have skipped church on Sundays so I wouldn’t commit any more sin. But my question is, does knowingly skipping church on Sundays because you haven’t confessed qualify as a sin? Since I learned as Catholics you are suppose to go to church on Sundays unless you absolutely can’t make it (like, you’re sick or something).
I know this question may seem kind of weird, and I may be over thinking this, but its just been kind of pulling at me for a while. I hope I explained everything clearly