E
emil2804
Guest
My wife has a written list of many people she prays for. There are one or two close family members who are at the top of her list.
During consecration at the Eucharist, she places those close people in the chalice while the priest raises the chalice. Then, just before communion, when we say the prayer “Lord I am not worthy to receive you. Only say the word and I will be healed”, she substitutes “we” for “I”. I mentioned once to her that it may not be correct for us to change the word here because at that moment we personally declare our own unworthiness and cannot do so for someone else. However, I am not sure if what she is doing is right or wrong.
During consecration at the Eucharist, she places those close people in the chalice while the priest raises the chalice. Then, just before communion, when we say the prayer “Lord I am not worthy to receive you. Only say the word and I will be healed”, she substitutes “we” for “I”. I mentioned once to her that it may not be correct for us to change the word here because at that moment we personally declare our own unworthiness and cannot do so for someone else. However, I am not sure if what she is doing is right or wrong.