Is This Demoniac Oppression?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pronechen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pronechen

Guest
I have quite an odd problem as of late. I wish to express it on here so as to get this off my chest.

You see, for my entire teenage years I struggled with sins of the flesh. However, with God’s grace and Our Lady’s prayers, along with the saints and who knows how many good people, for two years I had been kept chaste. This year, after much discernment I am seriously entertaining the thought of beginning a novitiate with a particular mens religious order. However, approximately three weeks ago something rather odd happened. Late in the evening I turned the TV off and sat to ponder for a while. This turned out to be quite some time, however it was so beneficial to me spiritually that I didn’t mind going to sleep at such a late hour (approximately 3 am or thereabouts).

I went to sleep quite happy. However, beginning that night at around 4am I awoke to the most terrible temptations. Save a half hour that I managed to sleep during the day, this continued with no repreive whatsoever until 7 O’clock that evening. I had hoped that this had ended for good, however the next day was also extremely difficult, and the day after that I again lost an entire nights sleep. This was very bad, but little did I know that this would continue for 11 straight days. I tried everything to get this away. I made a concentrated effort to get more sleep. I tried to busy myself more during the day. I went on a strenous hike in the mountains to attempt to get rid of my energy. Nothing helped, except praying the Rosary. That seemed to be the most effective way of getting to sleep.

Anyhow, after those 11 days the temptations ceased, and now they are erupting again.

How best I would describe them:

They are images, sounds, names and words that continually appear in my mind without me conjuring them. Some of them being specific details of something that I had witnessed only once many years ago and have never recalled since.
  • Some of these images are totally unique and with a level of clarity that I know I can’t conjure by my own imagination.
  • It makes prayer a torment, unless it is the Rosary. I find I mostly need to be standing or walking in order to maintain any focus on prayer.
  • Occasionally thoughts will arrive in my head to try to convince me in a very intricate way. For instance, at one time I had an almost pre-conceived notion that I had given my consent to a sin just hours previously. Except that, by challenging that thought and casting my mind backwards I knew that no such thing took place. It was almost as though this notion was picked out of nowhere and set right into my head.
  • The thoughts, although they are there without my consent, still dull my intellect in the same way they would do if I had entertained them. Making fighting continually difficult.
  • This has now left me in a state where I can scarcely look any woman in the face without having to fight to keep these thoughts from projecting onto her.
This has scared me, as I thought I had all of a sudden I had “caught” OCD. However, one particular episode has now gotten me to slightly doubt this.
I have had nightmares, which is very rare for me, but more concerning, so has my mother. Most strangely, one night my mother awoke during the night trying to scream. When I came to investigate, while still half-sleeping she described to me her nightmare she had of me, which just so happened to correlate in a frightening way to this battle I am fighting, with particular details that she does not and could not possibly know about.

I will soon have a spiritual adviser, due to my discernment, and although I am not looking forward to it, I hope to raise this with him if it doesn’t end by then, but I am very fearful that I will fall into old habits once again before that time comes.

I don’t quite want to talk with my own Parish priest about this, and I don’t exactly want to contact the diocese and ask for an exorcist as I know this isn’t possession. I don’t know what to do!

Could anybody possibly offer me any advice on what I should do? If nothing else, I ask you to please remember to say a prayer for me.
 
I can only imagine how scary and exhausting this must be. I am so sorry you are having to fight this battle; please know you are added to my prayers. God bless you and thank you for following God!

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in this day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Divine Power of God,
cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits
who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of soul.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.

Angel of God, my guardian dear,
to whom God’s love commits me here.
Ever this day be at my side, to light and
guard, to rule and guide.

Amen.
 
I do not presume to know if it is demonic, however I have had a similar, although much much less intense occurrences. I too have had dreams that were not dreams that I could not clear from my head. It tends to happen the more devoutly I practice my faith. I have found that by offering prayers for the “people” in my head, asking Mary to pray for them, has been a large help. Sometimes I feel these people are almost revealed to me for the purpose of me praying for them. Like they specifically need the strength of prayer from someone who by God’s Grace has struggled with and overcome similar situations.
I am currently reading St. Louis de Montfort’s “The Holy Rosary” and just Saturday I read that some evil is combatted only by actually wearing a Rosary, so maybe wearing your Rosary while you sleep could help and also for your mother.
I will keep you both in my prayers.
 
It definitely seems worthwhile to talk to a priest who will understand what’s going on and help you with some prayers of deliverance. I wish you could talk to my priest. He would definitely understand and be very gentle with you.

Given what you are being led to become, it makes much sense to me that the evil one would try everything in his limited power to change your will.

Resist the devil and he will flee. Call out to Our Lord in times of trouble, and he will hear and answer you. Do not engage the evil one in these temptations, but follow the Lord’s example and move on, keeping your eyes on Christ.

Perhaps it would be a good idea right now, to develop a better relationship with Our Lady, the Blessed Mother, who the evil one runs from. She is the greatest help of Priests, and those who are in torment.

I speak from some experience here. I know how frightening this can be. And I also know how it can be a little frightening to approach a priest for fear of how he will react. Not all priests are amenable to the idea of the unseen or evil these days. But many are. This is something to be taken seriously.

Perhaps a good opening would be to ask for a house blessing, and go from there, especially given what you said about your Mom.

You are in my prayers.
St. Michael the Archangel, defend HIM in battle. Be HIS protection against the wickeness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, I humbly pray, and do thou o prince of the Heavenly Hosts, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all other evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
 
This must be scary after two years of peace. But that is the way it happens. Jesus is allowing you to suffer and make up for someone else who is failing. Being in the mystical body of Jesus, we are all connected in an intimate way by his life in us. Tell Jesus you accept these temptations as a way of helping others and thank him for the privelege. Not that you want them, but that he thinks you have matured enough in grace to endure these temptations. Tell him you love him and that you appreciate the role of entrusting others to you who need help. This is a great thing you can do for others.

Now if you want relief from those temptations, then Mary is the way. Wear her blessed miraculous medal always. Then when tempted tell her in your own words, “Mary, you said that GREAT graces would come for those who asked for them. And your picture on your medal shows graces radiating from you hands for those who ask. I ask you now for those GREAT graces because of your promises thru your miraculous medal. Thank you so much.” And then go about your buisness. You will almost be shocked at how strongly she answers your prayer. But you must trust her to carry out her promise of GREAT grace.

Blessed be God who comforts us in all our trials.
 
It is good to make regular use of the sacraments and sacramentals!
Attend Mass as often as is reasonable (but not more than once daily).
Visit Jesus regularly, especially at Eucharistic Adoration if possible.
Obtain and bless yourself with Holy Water.
It may help to seek the guidance of a priest or your local diocese.
 
Sounds like oppression is likely, in any case, you’re being subjected to very strong temptations.

Ideas:
  1. Spiritual Dirction soon!
  2. Weekly Confession.
  3. Make good use of all the sacramentals, i.e. holy water and medals.
  4. Receive eucharist daily if possible.
  5. Offer up your trials to God for sinners and the Holy Souls.
God Bless You!!
 
One night before a mission trip something similar happened to me. My wife prayed over me , it got real bad I cannot explain the details really, but sounds like something similar, in the case Im mentioning here it was not about a sin of mine or a temptation but rather i began somewhere in my mind or something in my mind and spirit invaded and I was hating the people involved in the trip and the people who had money to make these trips happen, any ounce of cynicism in my heart was brought to surface and it was bad, i already worked a long day and was weary after a week of truly being rely excited for the trip. Well when my wife prayed after i had started giving up and was even going to make a call that i should not go on the mission trip crazy things started happening i was just yelping and there was hot warm heat or fire of some kind on her hands and going into me it was burning out with joyful fear and trembling dark spirits inside me , at times i could see images of like white figures shaped kind of abstract but kind of like doves - anyway they were pulling out some dark figures , i was crying and yelping . I in fact still had demons in me or oppressing me . I though once I was born again that these were gone, i had been delivered form so much, but sanctification is a process . Maybe this will help . the trip was wild , it truly mattered what had happened to me, there was demonic things attacking someone else not he trip in the middle of the night, he was afraid and hesitant to bring it up, when he did i told him about what happened to me before I went, i had a sketch pad and at the airport i was sketching kind of sort of what happened symbolically , i showed it to the team and we knew something was up. So when we went to the village of the people we were serving one of the guys on our team mentioned what happened and the people int he village had all kinds of stories about spiritual warfare , so much so that they were intrigued by the story. I mean we went on this trip and bought so much food it fed so many people , i mean this was like Jesus coming to them , when they see the van coming they light up , they have so many nights in third world places in darkness and fear and doubt but they stay faithful, when people start shooing up you are answered prayer, demons were definitely trying to stop me from going not he trip. I feel we need to keep the focus on the fact Jesus has already overcome them and even death and He is the high priest let Him deliver you , i know you may need some help but victory is won, fear is a lie and of the enemy , we are forgiven for any sins already , even temptations should not be taking you over with guilt and aspects of your old life before Jesus making you new should not have you burdened in shame. The holy spirit is convicting your thought before they are turning to action that is a good thing i feel, the thoughts are not the same as doing the action. Demons can mess with you but if you are purchased by the blood of the lamb and received that gift you are solely that child of the One and Only Jesus Christ who came full of grace and truth.
 
Could anybody possibly offer me any advice on what I should do? If nothing else, I ask you to please remember to say a prayer for me.
I would recommend that you implement a formal prayer routine just before retiring at night. There are a whole host of options - the rosary, the Divine Office, etc. Don’t fall asleep without a formal prayer routine. This will help.

Secondly, consider saying the rosary as you are falling asleep, or reading from a small pocketbook New Testament.

Wear a scapular daily, even while sleeping.

Carry a rosary, St. Benedict medal, and a Miraculous Medal on your person wherever you go.

Protect your immediate surroundings and environment. Holy water, crosses, pictures of Christ, Mary, and the saints - You get the idea. Remove secular material from your immediate environment as best you can - magazines, secular books, etc.

Go to Mass daily if you are able to do so. Preferably a traditional Latin Rite Mass. According to the chief exorcist in Rome, the devil hates Latin because he has been defeated by prayers said in Latin so many times.

In summary, you need to proactively takes steps for spiritually protecting yourself. If books, computers, cell phones, or other media-related items are interfering with your spiritual health, then you need to take steps to remove or even potentially eliminating them from your life.

Now, to answer your question as to whether what you are experiencing is “real” or not:

Depending on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go, if you really want to study these matters, then read Malachi Martin’s classic book on the subject, “Hostage to the Devil”. For a more harrowing account, read Sgt. Ralph Sarchie’s book, “Beware the Night”. These two books alone will give you an idea as to whether these experiences you are having are real or not (…and will likely scare you straight). (They are not for the faint of heart.)
 
I have quite an odd problem as of late. I wish to express it on here so as to get this off my chest.

You see, for my entire teenage years I struggled with sins of the flesh. However, with God’s grace and Our Lady’s prayers, along with the saints and who knows how many good people, for two years I had been kept chaste. This year, after much discernment I am seriously entertaining the thought of beginning a novitiate with a particular mens religious order. However, approximately three weeks ago something rather odd happened. Late in the evening I turned the TV off and sat to ponder for a while. This turned out to be quite some time, however it was so beneficial to me spiritually that I didn’t mind going to sleep at such a late hour (approximately 3 am or thereabouts).

I went to sleep quite happy. However, beginning that night at around 4am I awoke to the most terrible temptations. Save a half hour that I managed to sleep during the day, this continued with no repreive whatsoever until 7 O’clock that evening. I had hoped that this had ended for good, however the next day was also extremely difficult, and the day after that I again lost an entire nights sleep. This was very bad, but little did I know that this would continue for 11 straight days. I tried everything to get this away. I made a concentrated effort to get more sleep. I tried to busy myself more during the day. I went on a strenous hike in the mountains to attempt to get rid of my energy. Nothing helped, except praying the Rosary. That seemed to be the most effective way of getting to sleep.

Anyhow, after those 11 days the temptations ceased, and now they are erupting again.

How best I would describe them:

They are images, sounds, names and words that continually appear in my mind without me conjuring them. Some of them being specific details of something that I had witnessed only once many years ago and have never recalled since.
  • Some of these images are totally unique and with a level of clarity that I know I can’t conjure by my own imagination.
  • It makes prayer a torment, unless it is the Rosary. I find I mostly need to be standing or walking in order to maintain any focus on prayer.
  • Occasionally thoughts will arrive in my head to try to convince me in a very intricate way. For instance, at one time I had an almost pre-conceived notion that I had given my consent to a sin just hours previously. Except that, by challenging that thought and casting my mind backwards I knew that no such thing took place. It was almost as though this notion was picked out of nowhere and set right into my head.
  • The thoughts, although they are there without my consent, still dull my intellect in the same way they would do if I had entertained them. Making fighting continually difficult.
  • This has now left me in a state where I can scarcely look any woman in the face without having to fight to keep these thoughts from projecting onto her.
This has scared me, as I thought I had all of a sudden I had “caught” OCD. However, one particular episode has now gotten me to slightly doubt this.
I have had nightmares, which is very rare for me, but more concerning, so has my mother. Most strangely, one night my mother awoke during the night trying to scream. When I came to investigate, while still half-sleeping she described to me her nightmare she had of me, which just so happened to correlate in a frightening way to this battle I am fighting, with particular details that she does not and could not possibly know about.

I will soon have a spiritual adviser, due to my discernment, and although I am not looking forward to it, I hope to raise this with him if it doesn’t end by then, but I am very fearful that I will fall into old habits once again before that time comes.

I don’t quite want to talk with my own Parish priest about this, and I don’t exactly want to contact the diocese and ask for an exorcist as I know this isn’t possession. I don’t know what to do!

Could anybody possibly offer me any advice on what I should do? If nothing else, I ask you to please remember to say a prayer for me.
In the meantime, would you consider a sleep aid, be it natural or over-the-counter.? Insomnia can do all kinds of things, as well. Sleep is very important.
 
I have quite an odd problem as of late. I wish to express it on here so as to get this off my chest.

You see, for my entire teenage years I struggled with sins of the flesh. However, with God’s grace and Our Lady’s prayers, along with the saints and who knows how many good people, for two years I had been kept chaste. This year, after much discernment I am seriously entertaining the thought of beginning a novitiate with a particular mens religious order. However, approximately three weeks ago something rather odd happened. Late in the evening I turned the TV off and sat to ponder for a while. This turned out to be quite some time, however it was so beneficial to me spiritually that I didn’t mind going to sleep at such a late hour (approximately 3 am or thereabouts).

I went to sleep quite happy. However, beginning that night at around 4am I awoke to the most terrible temptations. Save a half hour that I managed to sleep during the day, this continued with no repreive whatsoever until 7 O’clock that evening. I had hoped that this had ended for good, however the next day was also extremely difficult, and the day after that I again lost an entire nights sleep. This was very bad, but little did I know that this would continue for 11 straight days. I tried everything to get this away. I made a concentrated effort to get more sleep. I tried to busy myself more during the day. I went on a strenous hike in the mountains to attempt to get rid of my energy. Nothing helped, except praying the Rosary. That seemed to be the most effective way of getting to sleep.

Anyhow, after those 11 days the temptations ceased, and now they are erupting again.

How best I would describe them:

They are images, sounds, names and words that continually appear in my mind without me conjuring them. Some of them being specific details of something that I had witnessed only once many years ago and have never recalled since.
  • Some of these images are totally unique and with a level of clarity that I know I can’t conjure by my own imagination.
  • It makes prayer a torment, unless it is the Rosary. I find I mostly need to be standing or walking in order to maintain any focus on prayer.
  • Occasionally thoughts will arrive in my head to try to convince me in a very intricate way. For instance, at one time I had an almost pre-conceived notion that I had given my consent to a sin just hours previously. Except that, by challenging that thought and casting my mind backwards I knew that no such thing took place. It was almost as though this notion was picked out of nowhere and set right into my head.
  • The thoughts, although they are there without my consent, still dull my intellect in the same way they would do if I had entertained them. Making fighting continually difficult.
  • This has now left me in a state where I can scarcely look any woman in the face without having to fight to keep these thoughts from projecting onto her.
This has scared me,** as I thought I had all of a sudden I had “caught” OCD.** However, one particular episode has now gotten me to slightly doubt this.
I have had nightmares, which is very rare for me, but more concerning, so has my mother. Most strangely, one night my mother awoke during the night trying to scream. When I came to investigate, while still half-sleeping she described to me her nightmare she had of me, which just so happened to correlate in a frightening way to this battle I am fighting, with particular details that she does not and could not possibly know about.

I will soon have a spiritual adviser, due to my discernment, and although I am not looking forward to it, I hope to raise this with him if it doesn’t end by then, but I am very fearful that I will fall into old habits once again before that time comes.

I don’t quite want to talk with my own Parish priest about this, and I don’t exactly want to contact the diocese and ask for an exorcist as I know this isn’t possession. I don’t know what to do!

Could anybody possibly offer me any advice on what I should do? If nothing else, I ask you to please remember to say a prayer for me.
If you even think, in your wild dreams, this could be anyway related to OCD, best to see a psychologist and get it all checked out.

With seeing a priest, I think that, often, they try to rule out these issues BEFORE doing much else, anyway. So, that seems like it very well may be your next stop whether you are with a priest, or not.
 
Counselors can be VERY helpful in instructing one how to deal with obsessions, because they often have a lot of experience with that. It´s their area.

What they will at least sometimes say is not really to resist the obsession. Why? The more you resist, the stronger it tends to make them, in all irony.

It´s sort of like the saying, “What you resist will persist”.

It´s like how they say, “I will not think of rabbits. I will NOT think of rabbits. I will NOT think of rabbits”. What did you think of? Rabbits.

So, they say what tends to be more helpful is to ignore the thoughts, try, insofar as possible, in the meantime, not to give them any heed.

If this is related to OCD, sometimes medication and/or counseling can sometimes be beneficial.

Good luck with whatever you do. 👍
 
Oh yeah, and if you do get a sleep aid, check with someone first…a pharmacist…doctor, to make sure it’s okay with any other meds.

👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top