Is this imperfect contrition?šŸ•Šļø

  • Thread starter Thread starter In_Jesus_I_Trust
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

In_Jesus_I_Trust

Guest
Hello everyone,i have a question.
I am in a state of mortal sin.I am going to confession on Sunday before mass.But i do not want to be in this stare.I am trying to achieve perfect contrition before confession,because i read it can return me in the state of grace.

So i want to stop this sin,i dont want to do this anymore.I am a little afraid of hell,cant lie.But bigger problem to me is that I am seperated from Jesus.He is my Lord and i want Him to be with me everyday,i want to be with Him.To have better relationship.I Will really try to stop this sin beacuse i want to become hollier.

Is this imperfect contrition?
Its hard to achieve perfect one completely.
I am sorry for my sins because it looks Like i dissapointed Him.And i Love Him.
 
Hello everyone,i have a question.
I am in a state of mortal sin.I am going to confession on Sunday before mass.But i do not want to be in this stare.I am trying to achieve perfect contrition before confession,because i read it can return me in the state of grace.

So i want to stop this sin,i dont want to do this anymore.I am a little afraid of hell,cant lie.But bigger problem to me is that I am seperated from Jesus.He is my Lord and i want Him to be with me everyday,i want to be with Him.To have better relationship.I Will really try to stop this sin beacuse i want to become hollier.

Is this imperfect contrition?
Its hard to achieve perfect one completely.
I am sorry for my sins because it looks Like i dissapointed Him.And i Love Him.
Imperfect Contrition means going to Confession because your main motivation is fear of going to Hell.
 
Just go to confession. Don’t try to figure yourself out…be grateful you feel remorse and you desire to stop sinning. Look to our blessed Mother who saw first hand what our sins did to the Son of God… Our Divine Savior who died for you and for all out of love…Ask Mary to help you and just go to the great sacrament of mercy and grace.
 
Of course, if your only motivation for going to confession is fear of hell, then your contrition is imperfect. For perfect contrition, you should be sorry, not just because you fear losing heaven and going to hell, but because you offended Him whom you love above all things. Our Act of Contrition that we learn in childhood is designed to make your contrition perfect. So, if you will only pay attention to the words, and mean every bit of it, then you can make an act of perfect contrition. This is what I learned in childhood and still use:

ā€œO my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended You. And I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell. But most of all because I have offended You my God who art my all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life. Amen.ā€

Say that prayer slowly and with all sincerity and your contrition will be perfect. Note that perfect contrition also includes fear of hell, but you are mostly sorry because you broke a relationship with Him who still loves you more than ever, and you want to restore it.
 
People,thanks a lot for every comment,Cant wait to sunday to repair our relathionship🤩
 
Hello everyone,i have a question.
I am in a state of mortal sin.I am going to confession on Sunday before mass.But i do not want to be in this stare.I am trying to achieve perfect contrition before confession,because i read it can return me in the state of grace.

So i want to stop this sin,i dont want to do this anymore.I am a little afraid of hell,cant lie.But bigger problem to me is that I am seperated from Jesus.He is my Lord and i want Him to be with me everyday,i want to be with Him.To have better relationship.I Will really try to stop this sin beacuse i want to become hollier.

Is this imperfect contrition?
Its hard to achieve perfect one completely.
I am sorry for my sins because it looks Like i dissapointed Him.And i Love Him.
I’m not one of those who believe perfect contrition is difficult to attain. Our traditional Act of Contrition explicitly covers both imperfect and perfect contrition, and I’m of the opinion that if you will to sincerely mean these words:

…but especially because they offend thee, who art all good and deserving of all my love…

You have offered an act of perfect contrition. Fear of hell does not need to be absent, and perfect contrition is attained by an act of the will, not the emotions.
 
Its hard to achieve perfect one completely.
It is hard indeed, but worth achieving. Like St Bernard said ā€˜a saint is not someone who never sins, but one who sins less and less frequently and gets up more and more quickly’. It is a process to get there but do not be discouraged, the Lord helps.
 
People,thanks a lot for every comment,Cant wait to sunday to repair our relathionship🤩
Maybe even before Sunday.

Catechism
1452 When it arises from a love by which God is loved above all else, contrition is called ā€œperfectā€ (contrition of charity). Such contrition remits venial sins; it also obtains forgiveness of mortal sins if it includes the firm resolution to have recourse to sacramental confession as soon as possible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top