N
Naztakuan
Guest
Maybe I’m “weird” like people say. But I’m very private about many matters in my life. I may divulge information in confidence to a select few people that I trust, but other that, I am a private person who comes from a family that is also very private in their affairs. The strange thing is that I attract people’s confessions. People feel the need to divulge the darkest secrets of their souls. I am not exaggerating. A random man on the train actually caught himself when he realized he was doing this and apologized. I assured him that this happens all the time…because it does. Perhaps I have this aura of comfort or whatever…but it’s not something I enjoy namely because if I work or study with this person or see them regularly, it can potentially lower my opinion of them or make things awkward.On the plus side it allows me to put their dysfunction into context. I would rather be ignorant than know these things. I’m not a priest, i can offer no absolution to these people. I’m just a poor college kid.
The annoying half of this is the outright nosy and gossipy behavior of these people I work with. I find that I limit my conversation to discussing ideas rather than my personal life (it’s hell right now). So instead vicious comments are made and my business is spread( or fabricated). I don’t know how info about my sexual status got around since I told only two people who I "thought: I could trust. My body is my business which is why I don’t enjoy having discussions with these people about my personal life. One particularly vicious coworker at my part-time job is notorious for poking into peoples personal business. When she can’t find what she’s looking for (because I’m so private) she makes vicious comments about me being too weird and not having friends. Now why would I introduce someone like her to my friends? She tells me long vulgar stories about her sexual exploits AND sends me pornographic images to my phone at 1am. Why on earth would I want to introduce someone(she thinks we’re good friends )who advises me to engage in immoral behavior out of “normalcy” to friends who accept me as is. I may not be “normal” but I do have enough goodness and talent in me to make up for it I should think.
Whatever happened to privacy and being discreet? At least back in the day, if you were engaged in seedy behaviour, you’d hide it really well so as not to scandalize others…right? Or so I’ve been told. I live in the full disclosure era where people get on my case for not having a facebook or a twitter. What’s worse is people suddenly feel entitled to treat you a certain way. It’s crazy how I have to constantly tell the men NOT to put their hands on me. They think I’m crazy. One of the managers has this habit of punching me in the arm or putting his heavy hands on my shoulder. I nearly punched him back. I don’t like being touched, caressed or rubbed on by other people, especially men even if other women are okay with this, I am not. I don’t know what the proper way to handle people who can’t respect boundaries, physically or socially. If I refuse to engage in graphic conversations or allow myself to be felt up, I’m labeled as weird or uptight. Am I crazy?
The annoying half of this is the outright nosy and gossipy behavior of these people I work with. I find that I limit my conversation to discussing ideas rather than my personal life (it’s hell right now). So instead vicious comments are made and my business is spread( or fabricated). I don’t know how info about my sexual status got around since I told only two people who I "thought: I could trust. My body is my business which is why I don’t enjoy having discussions with these people about my personal life. One particularly vicious coworker at my part-time job is notorious for poking into peoples personal business. When she can’t find what she’s looking for (because I’m so private) she makes vicious comments about me being too weird and not having friends. Now why would I introduce someone like her to my friends? She tells me long vulgar stories about her sexual exploits AND sends me pornographic images to my phone at 1am. Why on earth would I want to introduce someone(she thinks we’re good friends )who advises me to engage in immoral behavior out of “normalcy” to friends who accept me as is. I may not be “normal” but I do have enough goodness and talent in me to make up for it I should think.
Whatever happened to privacy and being discreet? At least back in the day, if you were engaged in seedy behaviour, you’d hide it really well so as not to scandalize others…right? Or so I’ve been told. I live in the full disclosure era where people get on my case for not having a facebook or a twitter. What’s worse is people suddenly feel entitled to treat you a certain way. It’s crazy how I have to constantly tell the men NOT to put their hands on me. They think I’m crazy. One of the managers has this habit of punching me in the arm or putting his heavy hands on my shoulder. I nearly punched him back. I don’t like being touched, caressed or rubbed on by other people, especially men even if other women are okay with this, I am not. I don’t know what the proper way to handle people who can’t respect boundaries, physically or socially. If I refuse to engage in graphic conversations or allow myself to be felt up, I’m labeled as weird or uptight. Am I crazy?