B
Bonnie
Guest
I asked this question in the Ask An Apologist forum a few months back but didn’t get an answer. So I’ll try here.
An acquaintance often adds this prayer after each decade of the Rosary: “Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well-beloved Spouse.”
This sounds odd to us. Is it an approved prayer? If she did this privately I’d have no problem; but she adds this to the Rosary we say as a group before Mass.
If it is, could someone please explain how Mary intercedes for God to us, rather than to God for us? Or am I misunderstanding the prayer?
Thanks for your help!
An acquaintance often adds this prayer after each decade of the Rosary: “Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well-beloved Spouse.”
This sounds odd to us. Is it an approved prayer? If she did this privately I’d have no problem; but she adds this to the Rosary we say as a group before Mass.
If it is, could someone please explain how Mary intercedes for God to us, rather than to God for us? Or am I misunderstanding the prayer?
Thanks for your help!