T
TheWhoFreak
Guest
OK, a bit of background before I ask for advice.
I’ve been a drummer in my High School band for about 2 years. I’ve been playing drumset for about 3 months. I’m actually pretty good at it, because I’m usually better at teaching myself things musically related than having a teacher.
OK. So there’s this huge Baptist megachurch in my area that needs a drummer for its 9:30 service. I attend youth group there sometimes, and I know the director of music there and got a job for them. Ideally, my first performance with their worship band for the service would be either next Sunday or the Sunday after. My mom, who isn’t a very religious person (she belives in God and stuff but never goes to church) would be willing to drive me to the church, stay for the service, and then drop me off at my Catholic churches’ 11:30 Mass. My question is, is that OK? Am I committing any sin by attending a Baptist and Catholic service in the same day? And yes, I do know that some strains of Baptistry are VERY Anti-Catholic, however, I know the Faith well IMO and know how to hold up an argument against sola fide/sola scriputra and such.
Your thoughts?
I’ve been a drummer in my High School band for about 2 years. I’ve been playing drumset for about 3 months. I’m actually pretty good at it, because I’m usually better at teaching myself things musically related than having a teacher.
OK. So there’s this huge Baptist megachurch in my area that needs a drummer for its 9:30 service. I attend youth group there sometimes, and I know the director of music there and got a job for them. Ideally, my first performance with their worship band for the service would be either next Sunday or the Sunday after. My mom, who isn’t a very religious person (she belives in God and stuff but never goes to church) would be willing to drive me to the church, stay for the service, and then drop me off at my Catholic churches’ 11:30 Mass. My question is, is that OK? Am I committing any sin by attending a Baptist and Catholic service in the same day? And yes, I do know that some strains of Baptistry are VERY Anti-Catholic, however, I know the Faith well IMO and know how to hold up an argument against sola fide/sola scriputra and such.
Your thoughts?