Is twerking a mortal sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zeniaa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zeniaa

Guest
So I just wanted to know if twerking was a mortal sin
I am home alone and I decided to just play music and dance and I ended up feeing bad for twerking so I want to know if it is a mortal sin?
I feel it’s a sin already just want to know
If it’s a mortal sin 😔
 
If in doubt, don’t do it anymore…take it to confession if you like, as suggested, but don’t turn using confession as a discussion session into a habit…make an appointment for “discussions” with your priest, and don’t use the confessional for counseling.
 
Last edited:
Whether it’s mortal or not, it’s just eww. But you seem to know that already, so just stop doing it.
 
well what I would suggest is you explain what twerking is to your priest then ask him if he would think it is a mortal sin.
 
"So I just wanted to know if twerking was a mortal sin
I am home alone and I decided to just play music and dance and I ended up feeing bad for twerking so I want to know if it is a mortal sin?
I feel it’s a sin already just want to know
If it’s a mortal sin
😔"

That doesn’t fulfill the 3 Conditions necessary for a Sin to be fully Mortal.

So… Say you’re Sorry to God.

And don’t do it again… 🙂
 
Last edited:
If your priest was in the room, would you do twerking? If Mary appeared at your gathering and was dancing with you, would you do twerking?

There is your answer.

The gravity is best discussed with your priest in confession.
 
I decided to just play music and dance and I ended up feeing bad for twerking
What you did was no more of a sin than walking around your own house naked when no one else is there. It’s not a sin at all.

Dancing is certainly not a sin. Twerking around other people may not be a wise thing to do depending on the circumstances. It may give boys the wrong impression if there are any around to see. It’s pretty much a sexual dance anyway, so it’s probably best just not to do it.

I don’t know how old you are (I’m not asking either) but lots of young girls do dances and wear clothes because they are the style of the time. They are usually doing these things without any bad intentions at all.
 
Last edited:
If your priest was in the room, would you do twerking? If Mary appeared at your gathering and was dancing with you, would you do twerking?
No, but people also pick their noses, adjust wedgies, change their clothes, or have intimate relations with their spouses . . . all without witnesses. Just because you wouldn’t do it in front of someone doesn’t make it a sin, (even if it is gross like nose-picking :crazy_face:)
want to know if it is a mortal sin?
Mortal sin occurs within the context of your relationship with God. Only you, God, and your priest know those circumstances. Honestly, I doubt you were mortally sinning, but tell your priest at confession that you were alone and dancing indecently. Just in case . . .
 
The things listed are done in private.

If someone wants to shake their pelvis in a suggestive manner while in private, that is a different thing that twerking as a show in front of others.

So, if you must twerk, do it behind a closed door.
 
OK, I think we’re saying the same thing. Pardon the confusion. The OP was in private. Jesus could see him/her (and who wants reminded of that??), but (fortunately) not his/priest. 🙃
 
So I just wanted to know if twerking was a mortal sin
I am home alone and I decided to just play music and dance and I ended up feeing bad for twerking so I want to know if it is a mortal sin?
I feel it’s a sin already just want to know
If it’s a mortal sin 😔
What do you intend to do?

Romans 14
13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more. But judge this rather, that you put not a stumblingblock or a scandal in your brother’s way.
 
It is certainly a sin of bad taste.

There are some very beautiful ways to dance. Twerking isn’t one of them!
 
Well, it won’t be on your highlight reel of holy deeds. What is the purpose of twerking? Why would one practice it so they knew how to do it?
 
Shaking one’s backside in a clear-cut provocatively sexual manner in public is against our Lord Jesus’ Gospel manner - as it likewise for some comes across as very asinine…

Having one’s Conscience informing one of the sin - is fine -

Even better, when one recognizes it - acknowledges it - and acts upon it.

Barring perhaps dancing before one’s marital spouse in private …
to quit is an act of repentance which in turn is Growth.

All of us go through life - with withered branch behaviors which via God’s Guidance - we should will to trim them.

And, Again, That done, we Grow and Grow - closer in Mind, Heart and Spirit - with Jesus .
 
Last edited:
You’re home alone?

No sin but this is just my opinion.

It’s like walking around naked at home when you’re alone. No sin.

You may want to talk to your priest about it and not necessarily in confession.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top