Is using sites like quizlet, sparknotes, or other online resources to study cheating in college?

  • Thread starter Thread starter edjlopez23
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edjlopez23

Guest
It can make a student not do his own work.
 
Last edited:
No.

Depending on the extent they are used it might be cheating against yourself if it ends up creating a shallowness of knowledge, but as far as the college goes: the obligation is to not plagiarize so that your work is your work. When you receive your diploma it is suppose to reflect your competency in certain areas and if that competency is based on a lie, then this is harmful to society.
 
Last edited:
It depends on how you use it. I used Cliff Notes (before internet) when I had a complex novel to read in my literature classes. I still read the book, but the notes helped me understand better.
 
I bet if you ask a professor this he or she will tell you to find help from whatever source helps you the most. Their job is to teach you, not police whether you’re using some approved list of sources.
 
Nope. Your question is whether it’s wrong to use these sources to study. Not cheating in a test.

These sources are excellent and I credit them for my As!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top