Is Weekly confession alright with you?

  • Thread starter Thread starter thestudentAD
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thestudentAD

Guest
Hey, I do weekly confession… but I don’t attend mass on sundays as I work sunday mornings till sunday nights. Today was an exception, I tried to reach it, but I made a wrong turn and decided to drive all the way back to my town. I mean, I haven’t had the Eucharist in Months to a year! I’m practically anxious, tossed ab out by this possition and that in the church and out.
 
Hey, I do weekly confession… but I don’t attend mass on sundays as I work sunday mornings till sunday nights. Today was an exception, I tried to reach it, but I made a wrong turn and decided to drive all the way back to my town. I mean, I haven’t had the Eucharist in Months to a year! I’m practically anxious, tossed ab out by this possition and that in the church and out.
A lot of parishes have the vigil mass after confession on Saturdays. Why don’t you just go to the vigil? Are you going to confession weekly only because you keep missing your Sunday obligation? Have you talked to your priest about this? Maybe you can attend either the vigil or a mass that is later on in the day on Sunday.
 
It is a grave matter to miss mass. I don’t understand why you are not going to the Vigil Mass on saturday night.

Unless your confessor has given you a dispensation, you have the obligation to get to mass. I can’t imagine not receiving the Eucharist for months.
 
Hey, I do weekly confession… but I don’t attend mass on sundays as I work sunday mornings till sunday nights. Today was an exception, I tried to reach it, but I made a wrong turn and decided to drive all the way back to my town. I mean, I haven’t had the Eucharist in Months to a year! I’m practically anxious, tossed ab out by this possition and that in the church and out.
Why are you not going to Vigil mass on Saturday night?

That said, speak to your confessor because being forced to work may dissolve you of your Sunday obligation (although if you can attend any Sunday mass including Saturday night) then you need to.
 
I work from 12-8:30 during the week and 4-8:30 at weekend nights as well as 7-2 during the mornings. About the missed turn, I want to blame my phone, it said to make this weird direction to get to St. Mary’s. I was confused about it. It was already past five.
 
Hey, I do weekly confession… but I don’t attend mass on sundays as I work sunday mornings till sunday nights. Today was an exception, I tried to reach it, but I made a wrong turn and decided to drive all the way back to my town. I mean, I haven’t had the Eucharist in Months to a year! I’m practically anxious, tossed ab out by this possition and that in the church and out.
Please see #2.

You cannot keep sitting on this, and I find it rather odd you have to work every Sunday.

And what about Saturday Mass? 🤷 :ehh:
 
Saturday mass is at 330 at my church. I have to get to work right at that time.
I’m going to talk to my manager and see if I can get Wednesdays and Sundays off today.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top