Israeli Troops kill four in Gaza

• Thread starter Thread starter FightingFat
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FightingFat

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4081563.stm

The Israeli military said they were trying to cross from Gaza into Egypt and were suspected of being militants or weapons smugglers.

Al-jazeera (I know you all hate it, but it does report stuff we don’t here about) has more stories on Palestine, in fact, I find if I check every day, I can read about a fresh Israeli incursion or incident everyday.

aljazeera.com/me.asp?service_ID=6214

aljazeera.com/me.asp?service_ID=6226

Now, please do not misconstrue, I am interested in what is happening in the Middle East and not merely trying to provoke an anti-Israeli sentiment.
The fact is that the conflict is causing long term harm. The children suffering have been studied in a BBC breakfast special report today news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/breakfast/4073323.stm

I watched in melancoly mood at the differences and similarities between the little Palestinian boy and the little Israeli lad.

This from the program website I linked to above-

Matthew met two boys whose lives have been blighted by the Arab Israeli conflict.

Thirteen year old Oz’s life has changed out of all recognition, since he was injured in a bus bombing.

“I cannot forget what happened. Everything I do reminds me of it.”

“Our lives are different here,” he says “It’s not as happy as other countries. We live every day and every moment in fear and danger.”

On the other side of the divide, 12 year old Ibrahim tells us:

"I look at my life and it depresses me. “I go to the cemetery and I cry: so many of my friends are not with me any more.”

These conflicts are generational now, ingrained in the physci of small children.

Is there a chance for peace do you think?

40.png
FightingFat:
These conflicts are generational now, ingrained in the physci of small children.

Is there a chance for peace do you think?
If you keep them away from the propaganda in Al-jazeera, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back