H
Honus
Guest
Every year our diocese has a diocesan services fund. This annual fund support many of the outreach programs in the diocese, and some goes back to the local parishes. I’m assuming that dioceses across the country have similar fund drives.
Over the last 1-2 years I’ve had more and more issues with the social stances the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops have taken. In particular… immigration and health care.
I was talking with another parishioner who thought the same as I did. They cut their annual donation in 1/2, while they gave the other 1/2 to another Catholic charity. They then sent a letter into their local bishop so that they’d be aware of why they were going this route. The more I think about, the more I like this idea. I don’t know if I’d give to another catholic charity, or if I’d just give the remainder to my local parish. I guess I just feel that this is one of the only ways we have to communicate effectively our disagreements with the bishops.
Anybody else ever considered this or a similar approach?
Over the last 1-2 years I’ve had more and more issues with the social stances the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops have taken. In particular… immigration and health care.
I was talking with another parishioner who thought the same as I did. They cut their annual donation in 1/2, while they gave the other 1/2 to another Catholic charity. They then sent a letter into their local bishop so that they’d be aware of why they were going this route. The more I think about, the more I like this idea. I don’t know if I’d give to another catholic charity, or if I’d just give the remainder to my local parish. I guess I just feel that this is one of the only ways we have to communicate effectively our disagreements with the bishops.
Anybody else ever considered this or a similar approach?