It is so cold...

  • Thread starter Thread starter loved
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

loved

Guest
Please take a moment to remember all those who have no shelter, heat, warm clothing and/or food. There are those who are mentally ill and will never think to seek refuge in a shelter. Then there are those who are afraid of the theft and violence in many shelters. They feel safer on the streets. Still others cannot find a shelter with a vacancy. Many shelters have restrictions on how many persons they’ll take, or what gender, or if they will take whole families or not. Then there are all those who have shelter but cannot afford to heat it or warm clothing or food. Please remember these persons with me as we reflect on our own blessings. May God bless you for your love and compassion.
 
Lord please help those in need to find shelter, food, and comfort during these times. Help us to remember to be charitable in situations where we can help.
 
Thank you for posting this. I saw it this morning on the news. The temperature around here is
-21 degrees celesius. They were mentioning that some of people on the streets don’t even want to go into the shelters. It’s just a sad situation for them.

Praying for warmth and protection for these homeless ones.
 
I saw a man on the street yesterday selling newspapers. He was zipping up his coat and looked cold – and yesterday was a heck of a lot warmer than it is today. I momentarily reflected, “That should be me.” And it should. How blessed I am…and how easily I forget.

I am keeping those who aren’t blessed with warm clothes or with shelter in my heart and prayers today.
 
Praying for all who are out in the cold and freezing cold.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
 
Praying very hard for their comfort and safety. It’ 6 degrees Fahrenheit where I live.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top