T
thetruth0flife
Guest
When Catholics pray to the Virgin Mary or the Saints all we’re doing is we’re asking them to pray for us just as we ask a Christian brother to pray for us. This type of prayer is nothing but a plea to them so they can pray for us just as when we Christians need someone to pray for us we ask the person closest to God to pray in our behalf.
For example: If I need someone to pray for a family member who has cancer, I will not ask a drug dealer selling drugs right around the corner. What I would do in this situation, is I would beg the holiest person who I know to pray for my family. The same concept applies to Mary since she is the closest individual to Jesus our God and savior. She gave birth to Jesus and raised him so her prayers or intercesion would be the most effective.
After all, James 5:16 says, 16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.
It is also biblical to intercede for one another and so can the saints that live in heaven:
18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere
Passage Ephesians 6 :18
The prayer of a righteous man has great power as long as you persevere.There is a misunderstanding between protestants and Catholics on the phrase "pray to Mary or pray to St Thomas etc.Protestants take those phrases literally as if we Catholics pray to Mary or the Saints directly and waiting for them to answer our pleas directly …
It is easier to say “I will pray to Mary”, than to say “I will ask Mary to pray to God for you” …
We are used to using short and easy sentences when talking and that is the reason why sometimes people misunderstand them or take them wrong. People slang a lot or are too lazy to use complete sentences that are clear.
Despite these expressions, the prayers of the Catholic Church are theologically correct. For example, we say the Hail Mary as "Hail Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the time of our death …
And in saying the ‘I confess’ I ask Mary ever virgin, angels and saints, and you brothers,to pray for me before God, our Lord.
Another difference between protestants and Catholics is the way we remember those Christians who have died. Protestants believe that when someone dies they are out of this world and beyond our prayers. That is false because just because they live in heaven it doesn’t mean that they cant help us. We dont have a telephone to communicate with them in heaven because obiously there are no telephones or cell phones in heaven. The only efective way to comunicate with them or for them to hear us is by praying.
Although protestants believe in the Body of Christ they believe that this belongs only to Christians living. For them, the Christians who have died go to heaven or hell and they are not connected, affected or interested in events of this world.But for Catholics, all Christians living and dead are still part of the Body of God. So we are all connected. Catholics continue to love them, and continue to pray for one another as brothers and sisters in Christ.
Therefore, intermediaries prayers continue through the power of God, among the members of the Body of Christ, because we all live in Jesus Christ our savior and King of Kings.
For example: If I need someone to pray for a family member who has cancer, I will not ask a drug dealer selling drugs right around the corner. What I would do in this situation, is I would beg the holiest person who I know to pray for my family. The same concept applies to Mary since she is the closest individual to Jesus our God and savior. She gave birth to Jesus and raised him so her prayers or intercesion would be the most effective.
After all, James 5:16 says, 16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.
It is also biblical to intercede for one another and so can the saints that live in heaven:
- 1 I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf*, and give thanks for them. 2 Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. 5
18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere
Passage Ephesians 6 :18
The prayer of a righteous man has great power as long as you persevere.There is a misunderstanding between protestants and Catholics on the phrase "pray to Mary or pray to St Thomas etc.Protestants take those phrases literally as if we Catholics pray to Mary or the Saints directly and waiting for them to answer our pleas directly …
It is easier to say “I will pray to Mary”, than to say “I will ask Mary to pray to God for you” …
We are used to using short and easy sentences when talking and that is the reason why sometimes people misunderstand them or take them wrong. People slang a lot or are too lazy to use complete sentences that are clear.
Despite these expressions, the prayers of the Catholic Church are theologically correct. For example, we say the Hail Mary as "Hail Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the time of our death …
And in saying the ‘I confess’ I ask Mary ever virgin, angels and saints, and you brothers,to pray for me before God, our Lord.
Another difference between protestants and Catholics is the way we remember those Christians who have died. Protestants believe that when someone dies they are out of this world and beyond our prayers. That is false because just because they live in heaven it doesn’t mean that they cant help us. We dont have a telephone to communicate with them in heaven because obiously there are no telephones or cell phones in heaven. The only efective way to comunicate with them or for them to hear us is by praying.
Although protestants believe in the Body of Christ they believe that this belongs only to Christians living. For them, the Christians who have died go to heaven or hell and they are not connected, affected or interested in events of this world.But for Catholics, all Christians living and dead are still part of the Body of God. So we are all connected. Catholics continue to love them, and continue to pray for one another as brothers and sisters in Christ.
Therefore, intermediaries prayers continue through the power of God, among the members of the Body of Christ, because we all live in Jesus Christ our savior and King of Kings.