U
Unknown4Fear
Guest
Iâm just looking for religious advice.
I just got married in November. Our relationship is beautiful and strong. But, our family life isnât.
We havenât been able save up enough money yet for a down payment on an apartment so weâve been living with his parents.
There is constant fighting within the family which is usually instigated by one member. His oldest sister.
In our opinion she is a truly evil person. She is jealous of everyone elseâs happiness so she enjoys tormenting others. Usually by screaming at them belittling them calling them names, threatening them, etc.
From the stories Iâve heard sheâs always been like that. We she doesnât get what she wants she makes everyone miserable. She lied just so she could try to live with her boyfriend⌠at age 14. They have had to move from state to state just so she could stay out of trouble. She was involved in a lawsuit when she was in high school.
If I say much more it will be gossiping.
Just every time I she her she threatens to well in kinder words âbreak my [butt].â
Then when my husband started deciding against the military she called screaming at him. Saying well in kinder words that he was âchicken [poo]â if he didnât join and that she would never respect him. And kept going on and on about how he was nothing and about how he has always been nothing and about how her in-laws where way better than our family.
She tried to break up our marriage.
She said that I wasnât family till I had her brothers baby. Well that one sent me a little over the edge. I started to explaining to her in kind words the sociology of families. And she threw a fit. She started attacking me personally and my past. Then since my mother in-law wouldnât chose a side. She totally cut everyone off not allowing her parents to see her children. Cussing them the entire time. While her husband was in the background threatening there lives threatening to bring his little militia to there house.
She holds her children ransom. My mother in-law has paid probably about $10,000 to her just to see them. While my father in-law struggles to keep the bills paid.
This is where our home gets dicey. We have truly tried to keep turning our cheeks while she meantlly abuses us. But its getting old. I we went to see her and she threatened to fight me if I hurt her family. I just put on a big fake smile and walked away.
In all likeliness she would hurt her family way before I ever would.
Well now his mother-in-law is down there everyday lining her pockets. That doesnât bother me, its her husbands money. Itâs their marriage.
But, what bothers me, is that whenever she comes home if sheâs mad about her. She wonât tell her about it sheâll scream at my husband. Just scream and yell for like 30 mins if he just walks into the room and checks the weather.
Itâs metal abuse, sheâs taking everything out on him and he never does anything wrong. Heâs just there.
I honestly and truly from the bottom of my heart hate my sister in-law. I know itâs wrong. And I keep trying to forgive her. But itâs really hard just to turn the other cheek when she keeps doing things to try to hurt us.
Like posting pictures and cussing her brother in them. It just⌠it gets old.
Every time I hear her name I cringe. Because I know another fight is going to happen.
And thatâs all my mother in-law talks about. Her this, her that, guess what she did today. Sheâs always bragging on her our fussing about her. This womanâs life is starting to revolve around her. And she has two more children.
Like she got in a fight with her aunt. And we had nothing to do with it. It didnât involve us in anyway. We where on good terms with her aunt. She was nice to us during our wedding she sent us a really nice gift. We actually wanted to get to know her better.
But she started a fight with her. Called her names. And our aunt went right back at her instead of taking her abuse.
And she got so mad. She called my mother in-law complaining and my mother-in law got all fired up in her defense. Yelling at my husband and getting really mad about nothing really.
It was her fought she said that our cousin wasnât a good mother.
Anyway⌠she blocked her aunt off of facebook, and she got mad at us for not doing the same thing.
We honestly didnât want to rush to her side. She started it. She always starts it. She hates that other people could ever be happy.
Itâs just wearing on my nerves and my heart. I think Iâm getting ulcers my stomach is always hurting and Iâm getting so depressed. I feel like I cant leave this room without getting screamed at. Like in a room of nails, if I move I get pricked. Iâm just tired of it I donât know how to remedy this situation. I just donât know what I can do.
Should we talk to our Father about this?