C
CM2
Guest
I am 26. I am married to a diligent, loving, responsible man; who doesn’t refuse to go to church, but works most (every) Sunday. We have 4 children. I was introduced to the Catholic faith by the works of several Catholic women briefly, across most of my lifetime (5th grade, 6th grade, one of my doctors was a Catholic woman who had a profound impact on my life most recently (last 5 years) ((after I was a Baptized Christian but was living in sin))). I have begun saying the Rosary just during the last week, I do not have nor do I know where to obtain the proper Rosary beads. I have thought about making one. For now I have an app on my phone I use. As a child I was raised Methodist, by my grandparents. The similarities are very comfortable, but I tend to appreciate the Catholic faith’s attention to observing Christ’s teachings and the detail. I do understand the Catholic faith will be very different from my brief Methodist upbringing, or my attending of a small, non-denominational church currently. My (adopted) parents go to a non-denominational church, but consider themselves Baptists, I do not believe this will go over well with them. My husband doesn’t like “BIG” churches, so I would probably end up going to Mass and other functions alone, or with our children, unless he relented. Do I keep my love, respect and curiosity about the Catholic faith hidden in my heart and head, or do I convert? I do not seek to cause a rift in my family, I just got back in touch with my (adopted) parents after almost 10 years of no communication whatsoever, so that would hurt me and them I’m sure. When I started studying and researching the Catholic faith almost over a year ago, I figured it was JUST curiosity, and I would stop thinking about it. I cannot stop thinking about it, I feel as if I’ve fallen in love. Since saying the Rosary, I’ve noticed several changes in my life. 1. Prayers are answered, seemingly before I ask. 2. My mind is clearer (I am a student, Junior in college). 3. My spouse and I had been arguing quite a bit, that has stopped. (Don’t worry, I’m sure it will happen again.) If I make the choice, which I feel I will, eventually, I don’t want to cause any grief to whatever local Catholic church I go to, I have several questions. Questions: What do I wear, what do and what do I not participate in, (I am not Catholic currently, I am born-again though, and was Baptized shortly after confessing my salvation.) Interestingly enough, I like “rules”, but I really don’t like offending people. If this isn’t the right place to post this I apologize. help? (I feel the need to “congratulate”/and urge you (Catholic’s) because of the fact that it was simply the actions, lives, and “love” of these women, who were Catholic, towards me and my children, that have caused me to seek out more information about the Catholic faith. People are watching you.
)
