I've Been Feeling Lost

  • Thread starter Thread starter C_Bautista
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

C_Bautista

Guest
Brothers and sisters, I feel like right now I know theology like I know calculus, or like I know string theory. But I’m not a mathematician or physicist, so I’m not living out either of these in a “real,” daily sense.

Similarly, I feel like I know about living out my Catholicism, but that I’m far from being the Light of Christ for the world. I simply humbly ask for your prayers in turning away from vices that I’ve gathered, because I know I can’t do it alone. On some level I’ve come to terms with the idea that getting back on the right path involves realizing you’re lost in the first place.

Many thanks!
 
God bless you for your humility and for your strong desire to live the Catholic faith that you understand and profess.
“If anyone declares himself for me in the presence of individuals, I will declare myself for him in the presence of my Father in heaven.” [Matthew 10:32] You have. And He will.

Saint Therese of Lisieux encourages us in our attempts towards holiness in our vocation to love and serve. Of her own response to the call, she wrote, “This desire could certainly appear daring if one were to consider how weak and imperfect I was, and how after seven years in the religious life, I am still weak and imperfect. I always feel, however, the same bold confidence of becoming a great saint because I do not count on my own merits since I have none, but I trust in God who is Virtue and Holiness. God alone, content with my weak efforts, will raise me to Himself and make me a saint, clothing me in His infinite merits. I didn’t think then that one had to suffer very much to reach sanctity, but God was not long in showing me this was so and in sending me the trials I have already mentioned.” Therese remarked that such holiness may “not be evident to the eyes of mortals.”

Dear Lord, we draw hope from this saint of ‘the consecrated ordinary’, whom Pope John Paul 2 declared a Doctor of the Church on October 19, 1997. Many Sisters in her Carmelite community were unaware of the holiness of her ‘ordinary’ deeds of kindness, and doubted that anything worthwhile could appear in her obituary circular. I implore You, our God for ‘everyday’ love and trust such as Therese maintained before temptations of doubt and suffering.
 
The Blessed Virgin Mary shows us how to be a follower of Christ. She is the model Christian. I’m going to pray that she helps you find your way to her son, Jesus.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen
 
Prayers for you as the Lord guides you back to Himself.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
 
I’ve been keeping you in my prayers. God bless you for your humility and honesty, and I ask Him to help you overcome the vices you speak of, for your peace and so that you can grow closer in relationship with God as you desire, and in living our Catholic faith more fully.
 
Praying for you.Your honesty,courage and humbleness are an inspiration.Rocky.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top