R
Revelation13_16
Guest
Hi CA,
So those who might be following my investigation might like to know that I went to my first Anglo-Catholic mass today.
Unfortunately, I noticed many homosexuals in the church - and they were taking communion - and at the end they did the Angelus.
What? Why?
If you’re going to ask Mary for intercession, just become a Catholic already!
I figured out that the reason they aren’t Catholics is probably because half of them are raised Anglican, and old habits die hard, the other half are gay and Rome shuns them.
Anyway, the people were nice but in the bookshop they sold books about Kabbalah. (in the “house of God”?)
Afterwards when I left, I kind of knew Anglo-Catholicism wouldn’t be for me.
I want to take Mass everyday and in my city of Sydney, the only places you can take it is at an Anglo-Catholic parish or a Catholic parish.
Disullusioned and still on my quest to find the true church, I wandered to St. Juliens Catholic Church - I planned to go to Catholic Mass and suss it out the next week.
Then I thought I’d check out St. Mary’s Catholic cathedral, just for the fun of it.
I headed over to St. Mary’s - my it was big - nay huge.
I noticed a schoolgirl on the steps handing out something - was there a wedding?
No, it was a 2pm Mass for a Catholic School - what luck, I’m going to witness my first Catholic mass, hooray.
To my suprise, St. Mary’s was filled with pictures of Jesus, and only two statues of Mary were present, great.
I didn’t take communion (naturally) and I weighed up whether I should recieve a blessing or not (nearly in tears) and decided to stay in my seat.
Here’s why I couldn’t even recieve a wafer waved blessing:
My problem.is as a fundamental Protestant, I used to read Jack Chick tracts when I was younger. (entertaining but apparently Chick has some spurious claims - though not all)
Chick claims IHS stands for “Isis, Horus, seb” Egyptian sun gods, and that the sun on the eucharist wafers is sun worship.
There’s also apparently secular evidence that IHS was Bacchus in the Roman empire.
Look, I don’t want to feel this way but I can’t take any communion with IHS on it until I find conclusive proof that IHS is historic and holy.
So I appeal to you CA, as one who is edging closer to Catholicism (who’d have thought?) to help me bunk this Chick myth.
Convince me Chick is wrong and that IHS is all good.
Love,
Rev
So those who might be following my investigation might like to know that I went to my first Anglo-Catholic mass today.
Unfortunately, I noticed many homosexuals in the church - and they were taking communion - and at the end they did the Angelus.
What? Why?
If you’re going to ask Mary for intercession, just become a Catholic already!
I figured out that the reason they aren’t Catholics is probably because half of them are raised Anglican, and old habits die hard, the other half are gay and Rome shuns them.
Anyway, the people were nice but in the bookshop they sold books about Kabbalah. (in the “house of God”?)
Afterwards when I left, I kind of knew Anglo-Catholicism wouldn’t be for me.
I want to take Mass everyday and in my city of Sydney, the only places you can take it is at an Anglo-Catholic parish or a Catholic parish.
Disullusioned and still on my quest to find the true church, I wandered to St. Juliens Catholic Church - I planned to go to Catholic Mass and suss it out the next week.
Then I thought I’d check out St. Mary’s Catholic cathedral, just for the fun of it.
I headed over to St. Mary’s - my it was big - nay huge.
I noticed a schoolgirl on the steps handing out something - was there a wedding?
No, it was a 2pm Mass for a Catholic School - what luck, I’m going to witness my first Catholic mass, hooray.
To my suprise, St. Mary’s was filled with pictures of Jesus, and only two statues of Mary were present, great.
I didn’t take communion (naturally) and I weighed up whether I should recieve a blessing or not (nearly in tears) and decided to stay in my seat.
Here’s why I couldn’t even recieve a wafer waved blessing:
My problem.is as a fundamental Protestant, I used to read Jack Chick tracts when I was younger. (entertaining but apparently Chick has some spurious claims - though not all)
Chick claims IHS stands for “Isis, Horus, seb” Egyptian sun gods, and that the sun on the eucharist wafers is sun worship.
There’s also apparently secular evidence that IHS was Bacchus in the Roman empire.
Look, I don’t want to feel this way but I can’t take any communion with IHS on it until I find conclusive proof that IHS is historic and holy.
So I appeal to you CA, as one who is edging closer to Catholicism (who’d have thought?) to help me bunk this Chick myth.
Convince me Chick is wrong and that IHS is all good.
Love,
Rev