Jeremiah Chapter 20

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saint_Macarius
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saint_Macarius

Guest
Hello friends,
I was reading my bible last night (what I like to do is turn to a random page and read a chapter or two), and I landed on Jeremiah Chapter 20. I must say I’m having a hard time understanding what the author meant, especially the last half of the chapter. Does anyone have some advice about how to read/understand this chapter? Thanks.
 
Hello friends,
I was reading my bible last night (what I like to do is turn to a random page and read a chapter or two), and I landed on Jeremiah Chapter 20. I must say I’m having a hard time understanding what the author meant, especially the last half of the chapter. Does anyone have some advice about how to read/understand this chapter? Thanks.
I looked at the passage you are referring to. If you could elaborate about what part you are having a hard time with, it may be easier to give you more specific advice. I am assuming that by ‘the last half’ of the chapter you are referring to the section titled “Jeremiah’s fifth confession.” In the following attempt at explanation I am doing a lot of paraphrasing from the Navarre Bible series.

Jeremiah is expressing the utter isolation he feels in following his calling. He is met with criticism and enemies at every turn. His task of prophesying is daunting and confusing, but he remains obedient. This passage shows a man’s struggle in all the difficulty that came with following God’s will. It is a passage that gives a glimpse into Jeremiah’s struggle as well as the struggle most of us in being rejected by others and not understanding God’s plan at times.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top