Z
zab
Guest
Despite some reservations because of the R rating, we decided to see the movie and judge for ourselves. I wasn’t too pleased with the scene in first part when the boys break into a church (padlock and key and chain
), and as usual for movie scenes, all the vigil candles are lit, but mostly I was annoyed with what came across as insulting to have an old nun drinking the wine in the shadows of the dark empty church. I had heard some F language and from reading the reviews, I knew that it was only going to get worse. But for some reason, and I don’t know why, as the movie went along the language seemed to not matter that much. Usually for me, the use of the F word and especially repeated use is a big turn off. I don’t even like it in some war movies because it is over done. It is just too bad that than directors don’t seem to trust their talent enough without relying on the F bombs to get the rating that they think will draw the most people. I very much appreciated the not showing details of the alluded sexual encounters and infidelities. This was a story being told and every detail was not necessary. In this case, I think the R rating deterred more people than the movie drew. That’s too bad. Because for the most part it was an enjoyable movie. And I’m glad we went.