J
Jonathan_1995
Guest
Hi,
Today I read [BIBLEDRB]Matthew 12:46-50[/BIBLEDRB]
And I thought, how can “brethren” in this case (from a catholic’s perspective, since you don’t believe Jesus had any brothers), mean cousins, considering that Jesus says:
49 And stretching forth his hand towards his disciples, he said: Behold my mother and my brethren.
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father, that is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother.
That would mean Jesus would say “Behold my mother and my cousins” and “For whosoever shall do the will of my Father, that is in heaven, he is my cousin, and sister, and mother.”
How would that make sense?
Today I read [BIBLEDRB]Matthew 12:46-50[/BIBLEDRB]
And I thought, how can “brethren” in this case (from a catholic’s perspective, since you don’t believe Jesus had any brothers), mean cousins, considering that Jesus says:
49 And stretching forth his hand towards his disciples, he said: Behold my mother and my brethren.
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father, that is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother.
That would mean Jesus would say “Behold my mother and my cousins” and “For whosoever shall do the will of my Father, that is in heaven, he is my cousin, and sister, and mother.”
How would that make sense?