Jesus Short Stories?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ricky_C
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ricky_C

Guest
One of our parish’s deacons was recently relocated, and he gave the homily at his last Mass here. He told a story about a modern-day disciple who was eating frantically looking through his Bible for some solution to a problem he was having while eating popcorn, and Jesus appeared in the room with him to his amazement and shared the popcorn with him, helping him to realize Jesus’s love for him through their conversation.

That story was really touching, and I’ve been trying to find other small stories like that where Jesus does things like this, like the classic story with Jesus and the person on the beach looking at their footprints, but I haven’t had much luck. I’ve been having trouble recognizing the Lord’s love for me lately, but the story the deacon told helped me out, and I feel like seeing these fictional stories of Jesus appearing in people’s lives is a big help to this problem of mine. Does anyone have any of these stories or know where I could find some?
 
One of our parish’s deacons was recently relocated, and he gave the homily at his last Mass here. He told a story about a modern-day disciple who was eating frantically looking through his Bible for some solution to a problem he was having while eating popcorn, and Jesus appeared in the room with him to his amazement and shared the popcorn with him, helping him to realize Jesus’s love for him through their conversation.

That story was really touching, and I’ve been trying to find other small stories like that where Jesus does things like this, like the classic story with Jesus and the person on the beach looking at their footprints, but I haven’t had much luck. I’ve been having trouble recognizing the Lord’s love for me lately, but the story the deacon told helped me out, and I feel like seeing these fictional stories of Jesus appearing in people’s lives is a big help to this problem of mine. Does anyone have any of these stories or know where I could find some?
Sorry, no, I don’t know of any kind of ‘fictional’ stories about Jesus like the one you described. My only suggestion would be to find some good books about the true lives of the saints. Why would you want to read fictionalized stories about Jesus, when you could be reading about how the saints who loved Him managed to live very happy and holy lives, and you could do the same kinds of things that they did. Some of them had really amazing experiences that might inspire you much more than any fictional story ever could. After all, fiction isn’t reality, but the stories of the saints and their amazing experiences are absolutely real.

Just a thought. 🤷
 
Ah, I suppose I could look at the lives of the saints, thanks for that suggestion!

I prefer the fictional stories because when I read real-life accounts of people getting through their troubles, I think that it’s really nice that God has touched these people, but with things like illnesses, losing jobs, and things like that, it’s harder for me to make a connection. Stories have more of a general feeling that tends to help me out, but I do think looking at the lives of the saints might help. Thank you very much!
 
Ah, I suppose I could look at the lives of the saints, thanks for that suggestion!

I prefer the fictional stories because when I read real-life accounts of people getting through their troubles, I think that it’s really nice that God has touched these people, but with things like illnesses, losing jobs, and things like that, it’s harder for me to make a connection. Stories have more of a general feeling that tends to help me out, but I do think looking at the lives of the saints might help. Thank you very much!
You’re welcome very much! Glad I could help! 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top