C
Cachonga
Guest
coolduude, it sounds to me like your main struggle is in believe that God would become a man in the first place. I think you believe God is truthful in everything He says, and so Jesus must be truthful as well (if He is, indeed, God incarnate). I would suggest a study of the Old Testament to find the prophecies of the coming Messiah, then examine the Gosples to see how Jesus fulfilled these prophecies (this was how the early Church proved that Jesus was the Messiah). The previous links I gave give some very good OT references (and a few NT references as well).
I would suggest you be careful about “asking Jesus”, as the devil is a deciever and could lead you astray (just ask a Mormon how they know the Book of Mormon is scripture). That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t pray for God to reveal His truth, just be careful and have a reliable way to test the answer you get (for myself, I have found the Scriptures to be very reliable).
NeedImprovement, I accept your apology, and have sent a PM with more info (since it’s not related to the topic). I will say that I understand human nature, and that someone may want to “look around” the site to see what else is there. That’s why I gave the warning that it was known as an “anti-Catholic” site. At least that way there should be no real surprises when they encounter some things. (BTW - excellent Scripture references in you last couple of postings
).
I would suggest you be careful about “asking Jesus”, as the devil is a deciever and could lead you astray (just ask a Mormon how they know the Book of Mormon is scripture). That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t pray for God to reveal His truth, just be careful and have a reliable way to test the answer you get (for myself, I have found the Scriptures to be very reliable).
NeedImprovement, I accept your apology, and have sent a PM with more info (since it’s not related to the topic). I will say that I understand human nature, and that someone may want to “look around” the site to see what else is there. That’s why I gave the warning that it was known as an “anti-Catholic” site. At least that way there should be no real surprises when they encounter some things. (BTW - excellent Scripture references in you last couple of postings