Jimmy Carter

• Thread starter Thread starter Sirach14
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sirach14

What happened to Jimmy Carter? He wasn’t present at Popes funeral.

I don’t think he ever attended a pope’s funeral. From the news reports, the US was limited to an official delegation of five. Carter deferred to the others who wanted to go.

40.png
Sirach14:
What happened to Jimmy Carter? He wasn’t present at Popes funeral.
He didn’t have anything to gain from doing so.

40.png
leonardoboff:
He didn’t have anything to gain from doing so.
I never thought for Carter that he was looking “for something to gain”. I too heard he deferred based on the number allowed to go. Why is that wrong? I think we need to give everyone a break here. We claim that there is so much anti-Catholic stuff going on but are we bashing others with comments like that?

Around here, Democrats ALWAYS have ulterior motives and Republicans are ALWAYS on the side of God! NOTHING is gray on the Catholic Answers Forum! 👍

From other posts observed on this site, it is apparently a sign of disrespect to address a US President by his name only. Shouldn’t we be consistent and call Jimmy Carter, President Carter? Thank you.

I don’t like President Carter and think most of his policies were terrible. I don’t know why he did not attend the funeral of the Pope. I don’t look for any ulterior motives, I am willing to assume that he gave his spot to someone else. I don’t remember him being a religious person but could be wrong, maybe he was sick, not up to the trip or just did not want to go. What difference does it make?

I do believe that he was passed because of the size of the delegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back