Joan Rivers left $150 million fortune

  • Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gam197

Guest
That is quite a fortune.
The outspoken star, who died at age 81 last Thursday, is believed to have amassed a $150 million fortune, earning $40 million a year - and reportedly raked in over $1 billion in sales of clothing and jewelry in her partnership with home shopping network QVC over the last 24 years.
 
That is quite a fortune.
I didn’t think she died a pauper! Between selling her jewelry on QVC and her work on E!. She was not a lazy woman.

I was disappointed to hear the vulgarities said at her funeral in the synagogue. I thought it was disrespectful in a house of God and to the rabbi.

Melissa will not have to worry much about finances the rest of her life!
 
Can’t take it with you and it won’t buy you an extra day on earth.
 
She came up the ranks the hard way in a man’s profession. And after her husband committed suicide and she had no work, she was able to reinvent herself. This shows determination and is worthy of respect.
 
She came up the ranks the hard way in a man’s profession. And after her husband committed suicide and she had no work, she was able to reinvent herself. This shows determination and is worthy of respect.
Yes she overcame loss and perservered. They said she would have loved the funeral they gave her - I wish the funeral would have been respectful and not filled with f bombs and other vulgarities. I think she deserved better.
 
Yes she overcame loss and perservered. They said she would have loved the funeral they gave her - I wish the funeral would have been respectful and not filled with f bombs and other vulgarities. I think she deserved better.
I actually heard her funeral wishes were NOT met, its said she wanted a very large, very public funeral, but instead, it seems they chose to go with a private event.

Plus, if Joan lived her life with f bombs and other vulgarities, why would her funeral be any different, if that were true, they would not be honoring the person she was, instead they would be honoring a version of her that would not be accurate. Fbombs and vulgarities were just her style.(shrugs)
 
I actually heard her funeral wishes were NOT met, its said she wanted a very large, very public funeral, but instead, it seems they chose to go with a private event.

Plus, if Joan lived her life with f bombs and other vulgarities, why would her funeral be any different, if that were true, they would not be honoring the person she was, instead they would be honoring a version of her that would not be accurate. Fbombs and vulgarities were just her style.(shrugs)
Well I don’t know about you, but a synagogue is a house of prayer and the beautiful Torah scrolls are there. Why show irreverence to G-d?
I don’t think I would want a funeral mass at a church to be filled with f bomb and vulgarities if that is what the deceased wanted.
They should have had her funeral at a different location if that was the language she wanted to be used. That is just my opinion. She had her celebrity friends who I am sure wanted to show off like howard stern.
I wasn’t a big fan of joan rivers but I just thought they could have bid her farewell in a less vulgar way. I don’t know what the rabbi thought.

Very sad. I know she was happy to leave a nice inheritance for melissa.
 
I didn’t think she died a pauper! Between selling her jewelry on QVC and her work on E!. She was not a lazy woman.

I was disappointed to hear the vulgarities said at her funeral in the synagogue. I thought it was disrespectful in a house of God and to the rabbi.

Melissa will not have to worry much about finances the rest of her life!
I saw her movie on Netflix and she kept saying that she had to work. She had bills to pay and if her book pages weren’t scheduled, she would go under. I was under the impression she was barely marking it and that is why she continued to work . In the movie, she said she worked because she have invested so poorly and that her husband had left her penniless. It showed her working at “dives” all over the US and struggling to get work with anyone. That is why she made the movie-desperation.

Granted this movie was made 5+ years ago. Her come back was with The Apprentice. which was at the end of the movie. .

She was making 40 million a year and made a billion selling products. I was so shocked to to read that. I don’t know how much her bills were but maybe they 30 million a year. I guess it possible.
 
I saw her movie on Netflix and she kept saying that she had to work. She had bills to pay and if her book pages weren’t scheduled, she would go under. I was under the impression she was barely marking it and that is why she continued to work . In the movie, she said she worked because she have invested so poorly and that her husband had left her penniless. It showed her working at “dives” all over the US and struggling to get work with anyone. That is why she made the movie-desperation.

Granted this movie was made 5+ years ago. Her come back was with The Apprentice. which was at the end of the movie. .

She was making 40 million a year and made a billion selling products. I was so shocked to to read that. I don’t know how much her bills were but maybe they 30 million a year. I guess it possible.
Yeah, I think we would be floored to see what some celebs pay out each month, its possible she was working as long as she could just for the money, I never knew she was on the apprentice, but I guess she was.I imagine her late husband probably did leave her in a financial lurch!

I never really liked Joan rivers though, I think she was so fake and shallow, even by hollywood standards! I think she should have retired decades ago, I mean, she was 80 something years old, and trying to pass herself off as someone in their mid to late 60s…cmon! Not even plastic surgery can do that!!
 
Yeah, I think we would be floored to see what some celebs pay out each month, its possible she was working as long as she could just for the money, I never knew she was on the apprentice, but I guess she was.I imagine her late husband probably did leave her in a financial lurch!

I never really liked Joan rivers though, I think she was so fake and shallow, even by hollywood standards! I think she should have retired decades ago, I mean, she was 80 something years old, and trying to pass herself off as someone in their mid to late 60s…cmon! Not even plastic surgery can do that!!
Maybe there was a softer side that we never saw. I am sure it must be devastating to lose your husband to suicide.
That happened many years ago. Maybe she was different before that.
That was like the ultimate abandonment but I don’t know what issues he was dealing with either. I didn’t know she was on the Apprentice either. So she ended up being quite the business woman.
 
I didn’t think she died a pauper! Between selling her jewelry on QVC and her work on E!. She was not a lazy woman.

I was disappointed to hear the vulgarities said at her funeral in the synagogue. I thought it was disrespectful in a house of God and to the rabbi.

Melissa will not have to worry much about finances the rest of her life!
I have to agree with you. Things like that belong in a comedy club or some other public location.

John
 
Maybe there was a softer side that we never saw. I am sure it must be devastating to lose your husband to suicide.
That happened many years ago. Maybe she was different before that.
That was like the ultimate abandonment but I don’t know what issues he was dealing with either. I didn’t know she was on the Apprentice either. So she ended up being quite the business woman.
Not only was she on The Apprentice, she won it. That is what brought back her career and then she was able to do the show Fashion Police.

Woman love fashion and she chose celebrities and a gay co-host to help her out.** She was a good businesswoman although she thought the mother of the Kasdasians**, Kris was the best businessman. She saw the three sisters on the reality show as having no talent. The Kadasians made a fortune on the show and put forth a whole new Hollywood family. Kris’s first husband was a lawyer for O.J. Simpson.

Joan Rivers had worked small dive after small dive throughout her life to survive.
 
Yeah, I think we would be floored to see what some celebs pay out each month, its possible she was working as long as she could just for the money, I never knew she was on the apprentice, but I guess she was.I imagine her late husband probably did leave her in a financial lurch!

I never really liked Joan rivers though, I think she was so fake and shallow, even by hollywood standards! I think she should have retired decades ago, I mean, she was 80 something years old, and trying to pass herself off as someone in their mid to late 60s…cmon! Not even plastic surgery can do that!!
She must have had great bills because she was making $40 million a year at the end/ Only a few in Hollywood make that kind of money. There is so much young talent, actors, musicians, artistss and many make very little.

She became an Icon but then again she could not get work except the shopping network after a certain point until The Apprentice brought her back in a positive light.

She was far left in her politics, very vulgar but she did appeal to females because she did jokes for women and was funny. Nothing was off limits and she thought nothing should be off limits. She did jokes on everything and never was taken to task for it because she was a women and a woman on the left I think. She made if very clear the her “schtick” was just that and nothing more as she did one line zingers at anyone in Hollywood.

She even did a joke about abortion once but the joke was not really about abortion, it was about a being a tramp. She’s often make fun of girls and say “you tramp”

Her famous line on new starlettes in her early career was on casting couches. She originally wanted to be an actress. Her line was ““I want you to know—my name is Joan Rivers and I put out. …”
 
She must have had great bills because she was making $40 million a year at the end/ Only a few in Hollywood make that kind of money. There is so much young talent, actors, musicians, artistss and many make very little.

She became an Icon but then again she could not get work except the shopping network after a certain point until The Apprentice brought her back in a positive light.

She was far left in her politics,"
Actually I read an article by Peggy Noonan after Joan died and she was a republican and she did not like Obama. She was very pro-Israel.
 
Actually I read an article by Peggy Noonan after Joan died and she was a republican and she did not like Obama. She was very pro-Israel.
She was definitely pro-Isreal. She may have become disallusioned with President Obama.

She had Bristol Palin living at her house for 1 week and her daughter Melissa went to live in Alaska on one of these switch TV shows.

Bristol had an awful time at a party because Joan’s friend’s are democrats and Joan herself told Bristol that they vote democrat.

Bristol felt she had been set up by Joan and Joan felt bad because she really liked Bristol. She had a great time with Bristol and her grandson Cooper whom they took fishing and had a little party with his friends with mac and cheese, kind of stuff, they made themselves.

At times, maybe she did vote republican.
 
She was definitely pro-Isreal. She may have become disallusioned with President Obama.

She had Bristol Palin living at her house for 1 week and her daughter Melissa went to live in Alaska on one of these switch TV shows.

Bristol had an awful time at a party because Joan’s friend’s are democrats and Joan herself told Bristol that they vote democrat.

Bristol felt she had been set up by Joan and Joan felt bad because she really liked Bristol. She had a great time with Bristol and her grandson Cooper whom they took fishing and had a little party with his friends with mac and cheese, kind of stuff, they made themselves.

At times, maybe she did vote republican.
I think it would be hard to be in the entertainment business with so many liberal democrats. Maybe she and Trump got along because he is republican. From the article it sounded like she had been republican for awhile. Interesting story about Bristol.
 
I think it would be hard to be in the entertainment business with so many liberal democrats. Maybe she and Trump got along because he is republican. From the article it sounded like she had been republican for awhile. Interesting story about Bristol.
In 2001 Joan graciously lent her name to a letter that was mailed nationally encouraging support for our organization’s political action committee and the response was astounding.
Saw this on the Republican women’s site. She did support prochoice republicans. Interesting enough, NARAL claims her as one of their own and people are writing to say she was a hate monger. She believed that in humour, nothing should be off limits. That this was one area that being a comedian, that everything should be open to jokes.

In her movie, she tells that because she made jokes about so many in Hikkywood that they would never invite her to anything. She understood that because she could not make a joke about them and then be invited to eat with them. She was an outsider.

Link to hate comments…

facebook.com/naralprochoiceamerica/posts/10152684911249321
 
My biggest recollection of her was when our local Pro-Life Teen group was having a rally outside of a Planned Parenthood award event held at a local hotel.

Ms Rivers was the keynote speaker at the award ceremony.

As her limo pulled away, she went past our teens, who were out by the street, singing pro-life songs.

She stopped the limo, rolled down her window and gave the teens ‘the finger’

My God grant her Mercy.
 
My biggest recollection of her was when our local Pro-Life Teen group was having a rally outside of a Planned Parenthood award event held at a local hotel.

Ms Rivers was the keynote speaker at the award ceremony.

As her limo pulled away, she went past our teens, who were out by the street, singing pro-life songs.

She stopped the limo, rolled down her window and gave the teens ‘the finger’

My God grant her Mercy.
That is abit much. She could have just gone by. I had never heard that she was involved with or spoke at PP.

Surprisingly NARAL bloggers hate her because of her many jokes about everything and I thought she was funny if you could take out all the language.

May God Grant Her Mercy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top