Joe Biden Supports Abortions Up to Birth During Debate: “Roe v. Wade is at Stake”

• Thread starter Thread starter Victoria33
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Victoria33

Joe Biden Supports Abortions Up to Birth During Debate: “Roe v. Wade is at Stake”​

NATIONAL STEVEN ERTELT SEP 30, 2020 | 9:13AM WASHINGTON, DC

During last night’s presidential debate, Democrat nominee Joe Biden supported the Supreme Court decision that allowed virtually unlimited abortions up to birth. Although he flubbed and said the opposite, Biden discussed how he opposes Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination to the Supreme Court in part because she could be a deciding vote to overturn Roe and allow states to protect unborn babies from abortion.

“Roe v. Wade. That’s also at stake right now,” Joe Biden said during the presidential debate, arguing Judge Amy Coney Barrett should not be confirmed to fill the seat vacated after the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg before the election.

Biden argued that the radical pro-abortion decision is “also on the ballot.”

Joe Biden has a long history of supporting abortion:
  • Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
  • Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
  • Voted NO on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
  • Voted NO on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
  • Voted NO on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
  • voted for the Harkin Amendment to endorse Roe v. Wade, permits abortion for any reason.
  • supports using tax dollars to pay for abortion and says he will overturn the Hyde Amendment
  • voted for taxpayer funding of overseas pro-abortion organizations
  • from 2001 to 2008, Biden’s voting record on pro-life issues was close to zero, according to the National Right to Life Committee.
  • said he will rescind the conscience protection exemption of the Little Sisters of the Poor

Dates
  • The Harkin Amendment vote was in 2003.
  • The Hyde Amendment (1976) blocks federal Medicaid funding for abortion services. In June 2019 Biden decided to support overturn of the Hyde Amendment. Subsequently (2020), the Democrats decided to keep the Hyde Amendment to avoid clash with the GOP-led Senate.

I hope that everybody recognizes that a Biden/Harris Presidency would probably result in the end of the existence of pro-life doctors, as doctors and their assistants will no longer have conscience protection.

Last edited:
I hope that everybody recognized…
Voters for Biden are enabling the expansion of the pro-abortion agenda of the Democrats. If the life of the baby isn’t a motivator to oppose abortion and the Democrats who support it, do you think they care about the feelings of the doctor?

The good thing is that values-voters can decide whether they can resist the brainwashing efforts by leftist media. Efforts to pretend that Trump’s “tone” should over-rule all the great pro-life and pro-religious liberty things President Trump has done should only fool the hopelessly gullible.

I think I’ll go with supporting the future of our kids and this nation.

Joe Biden has a long history of supporting abortion:
  • Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
  • Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
  • Voted NO on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
  • Voted NO on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
  • Voted NO on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
  • voted for the Harkin Amendment to endorse Roe v. Wade, permits abortion for any reason.
  • supports using tax dollars to pay for abortion and says he will overturn the Hyde Amendment
  • voted for taxpayer funding of overseas pro-abortion organizations
  • from 2001 to 2008, Biden’s voting record on pro-life issues was close to zero, according to the National Right to Life Committee.
  • said he will rescind the conscience protection exemption of the Little Sisters of the Poor
Well said … and so very sad - especially as Biden is actively touting his Catholic Faith and there is a group formed Catholics for Biden … 🤬 😠

https://dioceseofbaker.org/a-catholic-votes-part-1-the-sanctity-of-life-1

Interesting read

From the piece:

“I’m a practicing Catholic,” Mr. Biden says on his campaign website. Nonetheless, though he professes to accept his faith’s teaching that abortion is profound social injustice, he will not use the law to stop the abortionist’s hand. Personally opposed but unwilling to impose, he will not grant the unborn child what justice demands: birth.

Last edited:
Personally opposed but unwilling to impose, he will not grant the unborn child what justice demands: birth.
I blame the bishops for this nonsense. They could immediately put a stop to it and call out this politicians who are enabling the expansion of abortion

I blame the bishops for this nonsense. They could immediately put a stop to it and call out this politicians who are enabling the expansion of abortion
The bishops are walking a tightrope.

I assume most of you have run into the many CAF posters who are Catholic, but voting for VP Biden/Sen. Harris? They argue that abortion is only one aspect of Christian teaching, and that the Democratic Party Platform contains more Human Rights stands than the Republican Party.

I and other CAF members personally believe that the Republican Party Platform more fully encourages human rights and provides a framework for all Americans and those who wish to become Americans to make a good life for themselves in the United States.

Both Democrats and Republicans are concerned for those who are poor, sick, immigrants, etc.

And the bishops have a responsibility reach out to ALL Catholics, including those who are willing to allow for legal abortion to continue.Indeed, many Catholics and others theorize that government provision for the basic needs of the poor, the sick, the immigrant, etc. will result in a decrease in the demand for abortion.

Many Catholic Democrats do NOT believe that the government should be the sole source of help for those in need. They believe that all of us, especially Christians, should be generous with our money, talent, and time.

And many Catholic Republicans do NOT believe that individuals should be the sole source of help for those in need. They believe that the government does have a role, albeit a much smaller role, in helping the poor, the sick, the immigrant, etc., and that a heavy-handed government hinders many from giving money, time, and talent.

So what’s a bishop to do? If he speaks out against VP Biden and other pro-choice Catholic politicians. he risks losing the Democratic Catholics, or at least angering them to the point where they…well, what will they do? Leave the Catholic Church? But they claim to be good Catholics. Stop giving to the Church? That’s certainly a likelihood and one that probably worries bishops. Spread rancor and division within the Church? Well, that’s already happening.

So the bishops stay quiet and hope that “good catechesis” will help people like Joseph Biden and all the rest of the Catholic pro-choice advocates to see the truth and to take an unapologetic stand in defense of the unborn.

I don’t blame the bishops. However, I do think that if VP Biden and Sen. Harris are elected, the bishops will reach a place where they will HAVE to condemn Catholics, both poltiicians and regular citizens, who insists that abortion must continue along with programs that supposedly help the poor, the sick, the immigrant, etc.

And this condemnation will result in an exodus of people away from the Catholic Church.

And that exodus will be a GOOD THING for the Church. Yes, we will always be a Church of sinners seeking to be holy. But a Church that welcomes those who accept the murder of the unborn is not…strong.

They argue that abortion is only one aspect of Christian teaching, and that the Democratic Party Platform contains more Human Rights stands than the Republican Party.
It isn’t a single issue anymore. The list of intrinsic evils supported by Biden/Harris is enough that the bishops should speak out.

It isn’t a single issue anymore. The list of intrinsic evils supported by Biden/Harris is enough that the bishops should speak out.
I tend to agree with you, but I think it’s long past time to warn politicians who support abortion.

he will not use the law to stop the abortionist’s hand
And Biden selected most pro-abortion Kamala Harris as his running mate, when he could have picked anyone (she’ll eventually be President if Joe Biden is elected):
  • is so extreme on abortion she opposes even the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, legislation to protect unborn children from abortion after 20 weeks, when they are capable of feeling excruciating pain
  • voted against Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act in February 2020, which would have required that a baby born alive during an abortion must be given the same degree of medical care that any other baby born at the same gestational age would, including transportation to a hospital. It also would enforce the protections by punishing doctors who refuse to provide basic medical care to infants.
  • instead of prosecuting Planned Parenthood in 2016, as Attorney General of California, Harris was behind the raid of David Daleiden’s apartment, when authorities took a laptop and several hard drives that contained the videos he filmed as part of his expose of Planned Parenthood.
  • Kamala Harris’ 100% pro-abortion rating from NARAL and 0% pro-life rating from the National Right To Life Committee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back